Hi from a runner who's getting into cycling ;-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Welcome. Finding cycling harder just means your body isn’t adapted / used to it. It’ll get easier, then you’ll push harder, then it’ll get easier etc. The region out towards Hertford is also nice with a few hills. Plenty of quiet lanes.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Hello and Welcome Fitmum,

I've come to cycling from a running background too.
It's been a revelation and I'm really enjoying it.
With running when you stop you stop, with cycling you can give your legs a bit of a rest and still maintain forward momentum.
Since lockdown I've been doing a daily session on the turbo trainer and I've found it's helped with my running fitness too.

They're a nice bunch here, I'm sure you'll feel at home 🚲🏃‍♂️👍

OP
OP
FitMum

FitMum

Regular
Welcome. Finding cycling harder just means your body isn’t adapted / used to it. It’ll get easier, then you’ll push harder, then it’ll get easier etc. The region out towards Hertford is also nice with a few hills. Plenty of quiet lanes.
Thank you for the encouragement & tips ;-)

OP
OP
FitMum

FitMum

Regular
Hello and Welcome Fitmum,

I've come to cycling from a running background too.
It's been a revelation and I'm really enjoying it.
With running when you stop you stop, with cycling you can give your legs a bit of a rest and still maintain forward momentum.
Since lockdown I've been doing a daily session on the turbo trainer and I've found it's helped with my running fitness too.

They're a nice bunch here, I'm sure you'll feel at home 🚲🏃‍♂️👍
Thanks for your welcome message ;-)

dodgy

Welcome, yes far more men than women cyclists on the road. Probably lots of reasons why, glad you're here.
What made you give cycling a try?

Sharky

Guru
Hi, I'm a runner and I've recently started cycling and finding it much harder. Also, feel like there are much more men than women on the road, but I am getting used to it. Any women cyclists on here?
That's a coincidence - It's exactly a year since your first post - still getting into cycling?

Top Bottom