Hi From Bath

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alwaysbroken

Hi and happy new year.

I have joined the forum to research information and ideas for my new interest in building a replica path racer.

I own a few bikes including a Trek 2.1, Bianchi Milano cafe racer, Giant Trance and and old Raleigh frame which I am building into the path racer.
The trek will be sold as I’m bored with modern bikes.

I’m reasonably competent in bike maintenance so I hope as the new build develops I may be able to exchange ideas & maybe help others where I can.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome:

OP
OP
Alwaysbroken

Alwaysbroken

Welcome. Do you ride with Bath or Walcot? Maybe ACB who I ride with? Tell us more about the path racer. Interesting.
Hi

I don’t ride with any clubs, I don’t have time to commit to them as I spend most weekends ferrying my boys to sporting activities,
Ride mainly with friends & wife, I like not being tied to routes & freedom to go where I fancy so club riding is a bit to formal for me.

OP
OP
Alwaysbroken

Alwaysbroken

1999 Bianchi Milano Cafe Racer.

Original and unmarked this is the wife’s summer town ride.

Attachments

• CF0FFC93-0C4D-44A2-BB45-D24995AB43B0.jpeg
    CF0FFC93-0C4D-44A2-BB45-D24995AB43B0.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
OP
OP
Alwaysbroken

Alwaysbroken

I am awaiting confirmation of a vintage 1930’s frame which I hope comes good.

In the meantime this is a budget build on a Raleigh Chiltern, building it to use over reasonable distances so wheels are now aluminium with 7 speed hub gears, still a bit of cable re routing & aesthetic bits to complete but I’m aiming to complete the whole thing for under £70 including the bike. Pub bike

Attachments

• A1D733B7-6A14-4D37-B959-94F700A3F536.jpeg
    A1D733B7-6A14-4D37-B959-94F700A3F536.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 38

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
While I think of it: There is an Audax personality who rides pretty admirable distances on a Pashley Guvnor. Paris Brest Paris and London Edinburgh London. He seems pretty passionate about these bikes. .

He appears to be rather shy of using his real name on social media, so we'll call him Mr W. Not sure he finished the last PBP (mechanical problems), he's done at least one, and LEL.

OP
OP
Alwaysbroken

Alwaysbroken

Spot on

I was aiming for a Guv’nor look but without the price tag. Once I’ve completed this monstrosity it will be interesting to see how it rides.
Im going to flog my Trek 2.1 & might also sell my Giant Trance as I’m too old & bent to get any benefit from either, I have an old Giant Defy 3 road bike which will do me on longer rides.

If this “pseudo pathracer” proves to be OK on the road I think I could develope an interest in more vintage rides.

Paris & Edinburgh sound great! But unless I can get it on the train, Bradford on Avon might be more likely

Top Bottom