Hi from Cape Cod!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just getting back into cycling after Covid restrictions..live in the city so interested in a folding bike for recreation and additional training. Soon to be 78 and done many international tours since 1988. Carpe Diem is my motto! but love to travel via cycling or hiking.

Howdy, CCG! A long way from most of Cyclechat here in the UK, but all the info you could ever want is right here. Folder? I f you can get hold of one, it has to be a Brompton! Not cheap, but quality never is. At a whole decade behind you, I'm still on full size bikes. What's the terrain like there? Here in Devon, it's lumpy!

OP
OP
C

citycyclegal

Regular
Howdy, CCG! A long way from most of Cyclechat here in the UK, but all the info you could ever want is right here. Folder? I f you can get hold of one, it has to be a Brompton! Not cheap, but quality never is. At a whole decade behind you, I'm still on full size bikes. What's the terrain like there? Here in Devon, it's lumpy!
Ha ha ...I didn’t realize it was a UK chat until after I posted!! I just googled bike forums 😆My first international tour was in the Cotswolds to celebrate my partner’s 50th birthday. Loved the trip seeing London, but was a horrible USA company, spent lots of time with flat tires and some not so nice other Americans that always complained. Since then have had wonderful trips! Yes, the Italian leader on my last trip Vienna to Prague urged me to get a Brompton . They are popular here, but also Dahon, Tern and Montgomery..but as I said didn’t realize it was UK when first posting...Thanks for the shout out!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Ha ha ...I didn’t realize it was a UK chat until after I posted!! I just googled bike forums 😆My first international tour was in the Cotswolds to celebrate my partner’s 50th birthday. Loved the trip seeing London, but was a horrible USA company, spent lots of time with flat tires and some not so nice other Americans that always complained. Since then have had wonderful trips! Yes, the Italian leader on my last trip Vienna to Prague urged me to get a Brompton . They are popular here, but also Dahon, Tern and Montgomery..but as I said didn’t realize it was UK when first posting...Thanks for the shout out!
:welcome:

Punkawallah

Über Member
Hello there!

Spent some time in the Boston area, nice country round there. Still remember the 'fish & chips'. Bloody thing was a whale :-)

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Hi, I've been to Boston we went Whale watching out on the catamaran to the Stellwagen Bank, it was unbelievable!, there were loads of Whales and calves, the lot and making that Whale noise! I've never seen anything like it. We went the next day as well, we enjoyed it so much.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Greetings, CCG from a fellow Yank on the forum. I have seen Dahon foldables here in Silver Spring, MD (right outside DC.) I like the looks of them, but having seen many pics of Bromptons on this board and followed discussions, I would have to say they’re not just nice bikes... you could consider them works of art. Great design and workmanship. Maybe some day for both of us. Stick around, nice people here. I am in your age bracket as well, 65. It’s fun sharing in our common interests across the pond. ^_^

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
If you want the smallest fold for public transport then the Brompton can’t be beat. If that isn’t the major consideration then the 20” wheeled Dahons are good. I had a 8 speed one that I commuted 20 miles a day on for about 4 years. The Brompton has 16” wheels which give a less compliant ride if the roads are rough.

Top Bottom