Hi from Cape Cod!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

citycyclegal

Regular
Hi everyone! Thanks so much for all your thoughts! When Covid started surging again, I felt the need to have an option for getting out of the city for some casual rides..I know taking wheels off a standard bike is a possibility, but I would be inclined to ride more without that hassle...
therefore thought of purchasing a folder..which would also allow me to ride along the Charles River, which is quite extensive using both sides in places.
I've been able to visit friends/family so it’s been a busy summer. I’m not sure what is in supply now, but will see what’s out there come September.I really appreciate all the messages, thank you!!

OP
OP
C

citycyclegal

Regular
Welcome! I'm an American transplant in the UK- grew up in Central MA myself. I used to love trips to the Cape in the summer. I got lost in Provincetown when I was 10.
Easy to get lost there! Huge influx of Covid spread in PTown after crowds visited the week of 7/4! Cases are going back up in MA. much to my dismay..

OP
OP
C

citycyclegal

Regular
If you want the smallest fold for public transport then the Brompton can’t be beat. If that isn’t the major consideration then the 20” wheeled Dahons are good. I had a 8 speed one that I commuted 20 miles a day on for about 4 years. The Brompton has 16” wheels which give a less compliant ride if the roads are rough.
I’m doing my research, and hope to be able to test ride soon. My brother and his son in law are huge cyclists, and may check some bikes near them in another part of New England.

OP
OP
C

citycyclegal

Regular
Welcome. Please don’t be put off because the forum is UK centric. We value contributions from all over the globe.
Definitely not put off!! I was surprised as I just googled a forum, and just “dove in”
Love cycling in other countries, have had my best memories getting lost and meeting locals that helped us get back on track...or chatted us up at a pub, rest stop whatever👍

OP
OP
C

citycyclegal

Regular
Greetings, CCG from a fellow Yank on the forum. I have seen Dahon foldables here in Silver Spring, MD (right outside DC.) I like the looks of them, but having seen many pics of Bromptons on this board and followed discussions, I would have to say they’re not just nice bikes... you could consider them works of art. Great design and workmanship. Maybe some day for both of us. Stick around, nice people here. I am in your age bracket as well, 65. It’s fun sharing in our common interests across the pond. ^_^
Yes, live the thoughts, kindness and camaraderie..I’ve had some experience on travel forums that has been amazingly helpful! Thanks!

Caperider

Welcome my wife and i live in YarmouthPort and have riden all over the Cape .we were in ptown for her B-day and rode the trails on are fat bikes it was fun .

Top Bottom