Hi from East Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
That sounds like a fab idea but for the fact that we're spread across the four corners of Manc so some people will be cycling a full 50% further than others... unless you start in city centre.

I be up for it so long as it was commuter pace :biggrin:

I have thought of starting in the centre to give everyone the same disadvantage. I only described the loop starting at my home point because you have to start somewhere but yes, you are quite right, probably a city centre start would be best.

Perhaps I will start another thread in the proper section, just give me a day or two to think it through properly.

OP
OP
thesaintjason

thesaintjason

The ride on the 25th sounds good, I'll pop over to that thread to ask some noob questions there :smile:

Also, the circumnavigation idea sounds good too. Would certainly be good to learn from experienced riders.

OP
OP
thesaintjason

thesaintjason

Also commute into town via Ashton Old Road! So far been doing it for a few months and only dangers are the pot holes. Since getting the road bike I've found I can keep up with the flow of traffic and tuck in behind vehicles in the middle of the lane to avoid the holes! I still catch the odd one or two mind.

This morning the only irritant was a cyclist who brazenly ignored red lights!! Absolute balloon and at really busy junctions too. I came this close to pointing out to him that the lights apply to him too but I'm not really the type to point things out to people.

Hicky

Guru
Wasnt a middle aged guy on a white trek road bike?

I've seen him around north manchester nipping through lights and jumping on pavements?

OP
OP
thesaintjason

thesaintjason

For a few seconds I thought you meant me! I ride a white Trek and I guess 37 is getting on towards middle aged! No this fella was on a black commuter bike and riding along Ashton Old Road like me.

Top Bottom