Hi from Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

burnside36

Join a club

Hi Dave, where abouts in Glasgow do you live? Ithink you should jjoin a club which will really bring you on and help get the road miles in with good company. Most people think that you need to be good before joining club but that is not true, you will find everyone very friendly and helpful as well as understanding. Everyone has to start sometime you know. You will enjoy training runs with the bunch of about 25 to 35 miles which will very quickly bring you up to your target.
Cycling is fun, you don't have two kill yourself to enjoy it and the best training is at a lower heart rate between 115 and 135 with the occasional burst of speed. I aam an old age pensioner now bit have had many years of cycling as well as having been a member of a club. If you live in the south side of Glasgow maybe I can suggest a club or two to look at.

Have fun and keep working at it.

Lanterne Rouge

Anyway went out on bike for the first time today done about 5 miles and was knackered :biggrin: (in my defence I forgot to take my inhaler before I started wont make that mistake again) I intend to ride a 20 mile round trip on monday all roads (very very poor quality and potholed all the way there )

By the end of the summer I hope to be capable of a 60 mile round trip. (probably aiming a bit high lol)

Thanks for reading and does anyone have any tips for a complete newbie?[/QUOTE]

Jane Smart said:
Telemark ( again sorry to hi-Jack thread)

I am doing a charity ride tomorrow from Blairhall ( Fife ) to St. Andrews. Some of the Dunfermline Club are going, but it is not a club organised event.

So this will be my first 100. I did 56 on tuesday and have been doing 40 + most rides, just to get some miles in.. .. ..

Ok back to the thread, and once again welcome Davie :biggrin:
Now you've done it you'll have to update that signature again, and it sounds like it was already out of date :biggrin:

OP
OP
DavieB

DavieB

MIA
burnside36 said:
Hi Dave, where abouts in Glasgow do you live? Ithink you should jjoin a club which will really bring you on and help get the road miles in with good company. Most people think that you need to be good before joining club but that is not true, you will find everyone very friendly and helpful as well as understanding. Everyone has to start sometime you know. You will enjoy training runs with the bunch of about 25 to 35 miles which will very quickly bring you up to your target.
Cycling is fun, you don't have two kill yourself to enjoy it and the best training is at a lower heart rate between 115 and 135 with the occasional burst of speed. I aam an old age pensioner now bit have had many years of cycling as well as having been a member of a club. If you live in the south side of Glasgow maybe I can suggest a club or two to look at.

Have fun and keep working at it.

Lanterne Rouge
[/QUOTE]

im in the Eastend. Got family in Southside though, (Mansewood) Im doing 9 mile in 40 minutes now, starting to do that morning and night from today. Im going to up that to 15 next week and see how it goes, once im doing the 15 twice a day ill contemplate a club. Dont want to hold anyone back.

Top Bottom