Hi from Hickstead near (not so) sunny Brighton!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sellyb

Hi, I'm Selena, and this is my first post. This website was recommended to me by my new friend, Steve, on Cycling Buddys.
I have recently taken up cycling properly again this year, and I can't believe the technology and clubs that are available now, which make it so much more motivational. When I was a kid, there was one local club, who just dragged me up hilly, muddy tracks, and put me off, and you certainly didn't hear of any events other than the infamous London to Brighton.
I did my first organised ride on 1/4 this year of 19 miles, plus 13 with the cycle home and back, and due to my new Odometer (something I've never owned before), I found myself racing to see how quickly I could do the event.
As a result of this, in addition to a recently purchased hybrid, I now have a road racer on order. Oh goodness, I think I really have the bug now, mind out credit card!
I'm really hoping to find some cycling pals in my area for some days of leisure riding (determined to keep using my hybrid), mixed in with some more ambitious days of training for a sportive. Would be great to aim for 100k, but it's early days. Feel free to say, "Hi!" :bicycle:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
good evening and :welcome: , what do you ride ?

OP
OP
Sellyb

Sellyb

Hi, there, I have recently purchased a Jamis Allegro Elite 2012 hybrid, but have now got the bug for a road bike, so it's on order. How about you? Thank you for my first welcome :hyper:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
current crop include the tango mango bike (unid usedentified columbus tubed racer from the 80's) and several other 80's & 90's road bikes all used on my daily commute .

not a fan of modern bikes and like a lot of others on here steel is the real bike .

dont be afraid to ask questions on this site we dont bite

OP
OP
Sellyb

Sellyb

current crop include the tango mango bike (unid usedentified columbus tubed racer from the 80's) and several other 80's & 90's road bikes all used on my daily commute .

not a fan of modern bikes and like a lot of others on here steel is the real bike .

dont be afraid to ask questions on this site we dont bite
Thank you, I'm sure there will be plenty of questions!

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Is that Blaze? HA!

Hehehe nahhhh I prefer Joey....... koff !!

Top Bottom