Hi from Hickstead near (not so) sunny Brighton!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sellyb

Sellyb

Hi, thank you for your welcome. Where are you based? There don't seem to be many people in Sussex. Would be great to find some people to cycle out with.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Hi Greg, yes, it's not bad cycling round here. Are you in Horsham? I don't know it well, but don't think it's that far from me
Yeah. Horsham. I work in Haywards Heath and sometimes ride down your way of a lunchtime or on the long way home.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I work in H/Heath too, but haven't been brave enough to cycle up there. The traffic is awful, and there don't appear to be any cycle lanes. Well done you!
The traffic levels there are high. Particularly at the moment with roadworks on the A272. The driving standards are low. But it is hardly unique in that. The road layouts are bizarre. I generally don't bother with the cycle lanes/routes that exist unless they offer me some temporary, or tactical, advantage.

OP
OP
Sellyb

Sellyb

Are the roadworks still there? Someone told me they had now gone. That's why I was thinking about starting to cycle, but I'm not confident enough with my highway code on a bike and busy traffic yet!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Before you take the plunge let's discuss routes... there are one or two stretches on roads south of the Heath/Cuckfield/Ansty that even I avoid during commute hours.

Top Bottom