Hi from Keighley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
:welcome: From Scotland
I too returned to cycling after a long break. I am loving it!

bengdis

Regular
Hi David,

:welcome:

I'm new here and enjoying the company of the folks on the forum - good sense of humour when it is needed (most of the time with the pain I'm experiencing from a recent return)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi David. Welcome to CC from just over the hill! :hello:

We do a lot of CC forum rides in this area and you would be welcome to join us. If you like the sound of that, then keep an eye on CycleChat and Informal Rides.

A number of us rode the Spring Into The Dales audax event from Mytholmroyd yesterday and stopped off at Rossi's cafe in Keighley on the way back. I am organising a similar ride from Hebden Bridge to take place on Saturday, 10th May, in case you are interested. (Slow, chatty, 105 km/65 miles, lots of hills!)

OP
OP
F
Hi David. Welcome to CC from just over the hill! :hello:

We do a lot of CC forum rides in this area and you would be welcome to join us. If you like the sound of that, then keep an eye on CycleChat and Informal Rides.

A number of us rode the Spring Into The Dales audax event from Mytholmroyd yesterday and stopped off at Rossi's cafe in Keighley on the way back. I am organising a similar ride from Hebden Bridge to take place on Saturday, 10th May, in case you are interested. (Slow, chatty, 105 km/65 miles, lots of hills!)

Thanks.

Many thanks for the invite. Wow 65miles? Eek, I think I'll have to be fit to do that lol.
I'll keep you in mind if I can ride for a decent amount of time.

I can honestly say that I've only been in that cafe once in my entire lifetime while living in Keighley!

Out of interest, any recommendations for shop where they service bikes? Take a look at my thread below
www.cyclechat.net/threads/complete-overhaul-or-new-bike.154111/

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
The one I attended there were mostly various forms of road bike, but there was at least one mountain bike and my Raleigh:
DSC0000745.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can honestly say that I've only been in that cafe once in my entire lifetime while living in Keighley!
They did a huge slab of tasty carrot cake and a can of coke for about £2.40 yesterday, which I thought was pretty reasonable. Certainly compared to the cost of cake in cafes over here which tends to be £2.50 - £3.00 for smaller slices!

OP
OP
F
Thank you for the kind welcomes.

Colin
I'm sure the carrot cake isn't as good as the ones I buy each time I pass Moffat in Scotland :biggrin:

Phil
Hmmm. Mostly road-type bikes? I think I would feel awkward not keeping up with them on my bike lol
I think once I get back into cycling, I'll have to consider a road or cyclo and join you guys.

I'd love to ride faster than I currently am doing.

Top Bottom