Hi from Lanarkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello everyone, I've been here for a few weeks reading posts and learning stuff. Thought it was about time I said Hello.:hello: I have read posts on some other forums but liked this one better. :thumbsup:

I'm an over 40s mum with more time on my hands to do what I want to do. First on my list is to get fit and back out on my bike. I've not been out for a few years because of work and kids etc. Now kids don't need me so much I can make time for things I like. I did a few miles before Christmas to get a feel for it again and found it hard going as we have too many hills in this area. Anyway my darling hubby bought me an exercise bike to get me over the dark winter days and I am building up my strength again. I am currently doing 10k per night, rest Friday and 20k on Sat and Sun building up the resistance levels.

I was hoping to get outside this weekend but the snow came. I’m so looking forward to the warm weather and lighter nights. I have already picked some routes I want to try, Strathclyde Park loop, Falkirk tow path, Glasgow Green to SECC etc. Hubby knows he has to come too :surrender:

Happy New Year all and stay safe out there.

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hello and welcome,
As for those hills. When you get back out there on your bike don't be afraid of walking up sections that are too hard for you at first
Start out your riding nice and easy. Concentrate on time on the bike rather than miles.
It'll all come together in the end.
Good for you making the decision to get back to your bike.
Riding out with hubby will be sooooo good.^_^
Enjoy.

OP
OP
L

Ladytrucker

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I look forward to chatting with you all sometime soon.

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi and welcome just as Biker Joe says take it easy and it will all pop back into place just has it used to be,best wishes for the future rides out with your hubby ! :bicycle:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: Lady Trucker!
I would like to join you in your rides sometimes, if you like.
Will pm you: I'm Pat (female, 50, slow coach ^_^ ) from Rutherglen :hello:

Top Bottom