Hi from Preston,Lancashire!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Fran
I live in Hoghton (round the corner from Hoghton Tower) just outside Preston. If you fancy going for a ride together? I went out yesterday for an hour. I try and get out twice a week - not always possible :sad: but do my best.

Sal

OP
OP
Francesca

Francesca

Hi Fran
I live in Hoghton (round the corner from Hoghton Tower) just outside Preston. If you fancy going for a ride together? I went out yesterday for an hour. I try and get out twice a week - not always possible :sad: but do my best.

Sal
Hi Sal, pleased to meet you! nice to have a reply here from a fellow lady cycler!well chuffed!!!!:thumbsup: (no disrespect guys):laugh:. Sal - Iam the same , only getting out once or twice a week, as dont like cycling in dark , and Gary my husband , sometimes works late, so only time really we get out is weekends.:-(...however Sal, would love to pair up with you, dont know where Hoghton Tower is but can sort something or meet somewhere - ) will send you PM in a bit with my email details etc...
Fran :girl:

Excellent!! I am out past Bamber bridge, Walton-le-Dale heading out towards Blackburn, Chorley. I totally understand about riding with another lady! Not to dis the guys here....^_^. I dont ride out in the dark either. I am thinking at some point riding on the Hebdon bridge forum ride. Will see tho. I'm new as well. So bear with me whilst I get my bearings on this website! Cool look forward to hearing from you!!:welcome: And welcome to the site!!

OP
OP
Francesca

Francesca

Excellent!! I am out past Bamber bridge, Walton-le-Dale heading out towards Blackburn, Chorley. I totally understand about riding with another lady! Not to dis the guys here....^_^. I dont ride out in the dark either. I am thinking at some point riding on the Hebdon bridge forum ride. Will see tho. I'm new as well. So bear with me whilst I get my bearings on this website! Cool look forward to hearing from you!!:welcome: And welcome to the site!!
fab !! and welcome too :welcome:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ey oop, I'm in Wilpshire outside Blackburn and just a couple of flashes of the speed camera away from you along the A59. (Grrrrr!)

I'd be delighted to meet, say in Longridge one sunny Sunday and show you some of the nicer little hills and valleys and cafes available within an hour's ride of Preston and Bamber Bridge. Maybe in the Spring, eh?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Going towards Blackburn on the A666 from Clitheroe or going up from Ribchester you pass through Wilpshire. It's a bit of a climb up out of the Ribble Valley, for sure.

Can show you a smashing little cafe in Dunsop Bridge where the owner, Trevor, bakes all the bread and cakes and scones to die for!

yeah I have definitely biked over that way before - coming back from Clitheroe and Whalley.
That cafe sounds fantastic!! Thats what makes cycling so much fun if you can see great scenery and stop at a great cafe to enjoy a lovely hot drink and good food....warm up as well

So howcome you dont bike out in winter then??

Top Bottom