Hi from San Francisco

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3726624, member: 259"]Hi Cathryn, welcome back, and what a great place to be living in! Which bit are you in?[/QUOTE]
We are just south of San Francisco, so the good part ;)

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hi. I might be in SF in a few weeks. I'm still tempted to get a brompton for my international travels but it comes down to another city, I just prefer walking.

Anyway, congrats on the new bike. Which one did you get?

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hi. I might be in SF in a few weeks. I'm still tempted to get a brompton for my international travels but it comes down to another city, I just prefer walking.

Anyway, congrats on the new bike. Which one did you get?
Have you been before? It's wonderful. Let me know if you need recommendations for life either on or off the bike! SF is really walkable, so you'll be fine. I got a Trek Lexa - I'm still new on it (and she feels like flying after my steel tourer) but so far, so good.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Welcome back. There are hills and then there're San Francisco hills!

Is your son riding a bike yet?
You bet he is! He learned to ride without stabilisers just after his 4th birthday and he's up to 13.5 miles so far! He adores it. He has a nice little Trek kids bike and is negotiating for a much fancier bike ('with gears, mummy') for his birthday in November! I have to be honest, cycling with my Dude is about as wonderful as it gets!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You can take the lass out of Yorkshire. But you cant take the Yorkshire out of the lass....Thats assuming you are a Yorkshire lass. I am originally from Hull but have spent the last 13 years in Denmark and I love it. Especially when it is sunny. like today.

I also have a Trek Lexa SL. As it is a woman specific bike, the shorter crossbar sits me up a bit more which I like. I also find it very useful for commuting my 40km round trip. I added a rear rack and mudguards. I changed the saddle to a new Brooks Imperial which I bought off ebay Germany for £8. When it arrived I realised that I had made a mistake and it was a womans Imperial saddle. I put it on and rode 100 miles the first day and it was comfy enough. Which isnt bad for a Brooks straight out of the box. It looks a bit odd on a road bike, but I am more for function than form and I cant see it when Im sat on it. I have changed the tyres to 25c and I would suggest you do that for a 100 miler. It gives a far comfier ride.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
You can take the lass out of Yorkshire. But you cant take the Yorkshire out of the lass....Thats assuming you are a Yorkshire lass. I am originally from Hull but have spent the last 13 years in Denmark and I love it. Especially when it is sunny. like today.

I also have a Trek Lexa SL. As it is a woman specific bike, the shorter crossbar sits me up a bit more which I like. I also find it very useful for commuting my 40km round trip. I added a rear rack and mudguards. I changed the saddle to a new Brooks Imperial which I bought off ebay Germany for £8. When it arrived I realised that I had made a mistake and it was a womans Imperial saddle. I put it on and rode 100 miles the first day and it was comfy enough. Which isnt bad for a Brooks straight out of the box. It looks a bit odd on a road bike, but I am more for function than form and I cant see it when Im sat on it. I have changed the tyres to 25c and I would suggest you do that for a 100 miler. It gives a far comfier ride.
I'm actually considering changing the saddle to my touring saddle. (I have no idea what it is). I wonder if I just need time to get used to a different style of saddle or if it will ever get comfortable, we'll see.

(And I'm from Wiltshire originally. Just married a Yorkshireman and delivered one).

Keith Oates

Janner
Hi Cathryn, good to see you back and posting on CC. I remember a lot of your posts but the blog of your tour in Holland when you were heavily pregnant stands out the most.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom