Hi from Steeton (West Yorkshire)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi to everyone

I have just started cycling again for the first time in many..many...many years and boy do I need the exercise. Basically I am an overweight 40 something trucker and decided it was time to do something about it. I used to luv cycling as a youngster so I set myself 2 challenges.

First, to lose weight and secondly, I wanted to raise money for a certain charity so here it is In May next year I am cycling from my hometown in West yorkshire to Vitis in lower Austria but before that I have to lose 50kg of weight. I have already lost 13kg using a local gym and a little cycling. If there is anyone who is willing to ride with a fat slow rider to help me shed the pounds, I would really appreciate it I need all the help I can get

Thanks for reading

Modo (Nigel)

colly

Re member eR
Hi Modo,

Set yourself a real challenge why don't you?? :biggrin::biggrin:

There's plenty of help and good advice on here to get you where you want to be.

I'm over in Leeds so not really 'local' to you but I do get your way now and again. Maybe see you on a couple of rides with other forum members? Keep an eye out in the Informal Rides section for any that you like the look of.

There may be one or two out of Leeds in September and ColinJ over in Hebden Bridge organises rides quite often.

They aren't competitive in any way and we always, well pretty much always, stick together.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Modo.

Yes, I'm over here in the Calder Valley and do organise quite a few local rides. You'd be welcome to come over and join us.

I'm about 25 kgs above my ideal cycling weight and there are quite a few others who are still pretty slow and heavy. The fitter riders may hare off up the hills, but they always wait at the summits.

OP
OP
M

Modo

Regular
Thanks for the welcome and tips :rolleyes:

I need more miles under my belt before I slow everyone donwn too much.

I work in Leeds colly, at Arla foods. I could put the bike into my car and maybe go for a ride after work. At this point I would like to say I only have an old Raleigh bike and a long way to go in the "losing weight" section :tongue:

colly

Re member eR
Thanks for the welcome and tips :rolleyes:

I need more miles under my belt before I slow everyone donwn too much.

I work in Leeds colly, at Arla foods. I could put the bike into my car and maybe go for a ride after work. At this point I would like to say I only have an old Raleigh bike and a long way to go in the "losing weight" section :tongue:

What time do you finish? I'm off on me hols next weekend for a couple of weeks but if you fancy a short spin out one evening this week just let me know and we'll sort a time and place. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom