Hi from West Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dadam

Greetings, I just joined. Found this forum via googling specific questions for the bike I've just ordered (Orbea Gain) so I'll probably be posting in the ebike forum mostly. I'm in my fifties and just found cycling again after 30 years having got a hybrid on the cycle scheme 3 years ago and been using it to commute and the odd leisure ride. I live in a fairly hilly area so looking for a little bit of assistance up the hills and with headwinds and when I'm not feeling very energetic. It's not a long commute but going home has a mile long climb that hits 10% in places. With the prevailing winds being in your face it's a real struggle at the end of the day when it's a bit blustery.

But at the same time I wanted something not too heavy with drop bars to dip my toe into road bikes. The idea is I'll ride more for longer with the assistance.

Chris S

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Jameshow

Veteran
Hi welcome.

There is a ride out next Saturday from hebden bridge if your interested. Run by ColinJ and a very friendly bunch!

OP
OP
D

Dadam

Hi welcome.

There is a ride out next Saturday from hebden bridge if your interested. Run by ColinJ and a very friendly bunch!

Thanks for the kind offer but I won't have my Gain before then and I doubt I could even make it as far as Hebden Bridge on my hybrid from where I live (South Leeds)

OP
OP
D

Dadam

Eh up from east West Yorkshire (Pontefract) I take it your from west West Yorkshire if its a fairly hilly area.

Morley, so not as hilly as it gets closer to the Pennines but hilly enough for me!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi @Ad4m, welcome to CycleChat!

There is indeed, and yes we are! :laugh:

Morley, so not as hilly as it gets closer to the Pennines but hilly enough for me!
I doubt I could even make it as far as Hebden Bridge on my hybrid from where I live (South Leeds)
There is a direct rail service from Morley to HB (and Todmorden)!

Before Covid, I had been thinking of organising a 100 km ride from nearby Mirfield station to out Emley/Penistone way. That got shelved because of the pandemic, but I might resurrect the idea in 2023. Check the rides forum regularly if you think that you might be interested in any of the local(-ish) rides.

postman

Legendary Member
Morley eh,I can see why you bought a bike the 51 and 52 bus service is totally garbage.Next summer try to find Otley and I will buy you a coffee.The Dales await you.

OP
OP
D

Dadam

Hi @Ad4m, welcome to CycleChat!

There is indeed, and yes we are! :laugh:

There is a direct rail service from Morley to HB (and Todmorden)!

Before Covid, I had been thinking of organising a 100 km ride from nearby Mirfield station to out Emley/Penistone way. That got shelved because of the pandemic, but I might resurrect the idea in 2023. Check the rides forum regularly if you think that you might be interested in any of the local(-ish) rides.
That sounds ok from Mirfield. Might have to work up to 100km though.
Thanks

Top Bottom