Hi From Suffolk !!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
One of my loops takes me through Witnesham; depending on which way I am riding it I am either steeling myself for, or glad to have passed over America Hill: I assume it is so called because you can see America from the top of it.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I hate that hill! I tend to chicken out and go the other way (through Henley Square and then Henley) as part of my very pleasant 26 mile scenic route home.

Witnesham goes on for miles. You see the sign and think"Good, I've arrived" and then have to cycle two more miles up those hills!

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
I assume you go home through Manningtree, but how do you get there: under the Orwell Bridge and through Holbrook to Brantham or past the ski slope and Jimmy's Farm to Brantham?

Pigo

Welcome from another Suffolk Resident formerly from Essex! I'm over the other side to you lot though.....the flat side on the edge of the Fens - not a hill to speak of! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
gegs 68

gegs 68

Hi Adele, wow everyone has made me feel very welcome. As an habitual solo rider i am surprised by this forum already, there seems to be a lot of cameraderie around, thats really cool.......

If you own a tandem, and you live in Suffolk, then you need to join the Tandem Club and come along on the rides organised by the Suffolk section. They are on the first Sunday of the month and are not strenuous.

OP
OP
gegs 68

gegs 68

Nice idea but my tandem is currently up for sale as i'm short on space in my garage.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I assume you go home through Manningtree, but how do you get there: under the Orwell Bridge and through Holbrook to Brantham or past the ski slope and Jimmy's Farm to Brantham?
Not that way at all! I go through Stratford St Mary, Higham, Wenham, Washbrook, then up the west side of Ipswich along Papermill Lane to Claydon, then across to Henley Square and down to Witnesham. It's 5 miles longer than the most direct route but rather scenic.

Top Bottom