Hi from the south west

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another born and bred in the South West :smile: (Devon)

I live in the Blackdown Hills and i struggle with the big climbs and the only way i found to make it a bit easier is - dont try to get up them as quickly as possible just select a low gear and keep spinning and only look about 10/15 yards ahead, that way you cant see the long gradients climbing on forever

Welcome to the Forum Pinky

Simon

OP
OP
P

Pinky2872

Thanks for the welcome and tips on climbing Simon, went out today got into the lowest gear and slowed down more than normal and found I could still take breaths without seeing spots and feeling like my heart was going to
pop outta my chest... I'll try the not looking too far ahead thing tomorrow, sounds good to me, nothing worst than not being able to see the top!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Penzance is a good base for us when we are down there,we always have a good walk round the harbour pasty in hand dodging gulls ! My friend has a newsagent in Falmouth on the main road near where the Euro Market is held

Keith Oates

Janner
Welcome from me as well pinky, I'm also from Falmouth but was born in Perranarworthal. I know the hills around there very well but as others have said keep on riding them and they do become more manageable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom