Hi from the south west

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pinky2872

Hi I've just got back into cycling I cycle 5 miles to work and back daily on my trek town bike I also enjoy off roading on a mountain bike and have recently got myself a road/ race bike which is a completely different experience, I'm hoping to improve my fitness levels and endurance levels without killing myself, my problem I'm terrifed of hills I don't seem to have the power to climb is there anything anybody can suggest to help?
I'm 34 female 10 1/12 stone fairly fit I also surf oh and quite short at 5'4"
thanks

Tracey

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
heyyy and welcome

where in the south west are you??

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi Pinky and welcome to Cycle Chat. Advice as to helping you climb them thar hills.... yep... practice.. keep doing them and you will soon be flying up them... it's hard work, but no pain no gain right?

OP
OP
P

Pinky2872

I dunno about that all I know is around every corner there's another hill... It's pretty tho plenty to take my mind of the pain.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Greetings Pinky2872 and a warm welcome.

The main road from Falmouth to Truro is a bit fast and twisty, as you will know. I would stay well away from it on a bike. I do. Riding on sunken Cornish lanes is also a bit hairy. If you ride at night in Cornwall, get some really good lights... really good.

Best wishes, and stay safe.

OP
OP
P

Pinky2872

Thanks guys, yer practice practice I know, I'm am earlier morning cyclist don't cycle at night far to dangerous around these parts and as for the Falmouth to Truro road I get freaked out driving that road let alone cycling it. I tend to cycle to helston, Penzance kinda way. Thanks for the advice

OP
OP
P

Pinky2872

That ctc thing looks like fun and it would be nice to meet some cyclist too, I have no cycling friends at the moment not sure why but surfing and cycling don't mix around here, some of my vw friends seem interested I'll set about converting them.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Hi Pinky and welcome ... wasn't there someone on here who had a piccy of themselves towing either a surf board or a canoe by bike?

I can't help with the hills other than to sympathize and say I can't do them either:sad:.

OP
OP
P

Pinky2872

summerdays said:
Hi Pinky and welcome ... wasn't there someone on here who had a piccy of themselves towing either a surf board or a canoe by bike?

I can't help with the hills other than to sympathize and say I can't do them either:sad:.

ah well at least I'm not the only one who can't climb hills then.. I'm darn good at coming down them tho lol.... Thanks for the welcome seems like a nice friendly place.

Top Bottom