Hi from West Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

john2755

Just found this site while looking for something else, as you do.
I've been a bike rider on & off since I was a kid but since I retired in April have become really into it again. I have a 19 year old Marin which has'nt had anything like enough use. Till now. I used to run half marathons but the years have taken their toll on the joints. The bike has become a great substitute for me as I get more or less the same kick as running gave me without the injuries. I suppose at 60 I should start acting my age, but I don't see that happening any time soon.:smile:

Alan Whicker

Hello, I'm new here too. It's a great resource - lots of helpful folks.

Which bit of West Yorkshire? I live in London but grew up in Keighley, which is why i have no fear of cycling up hills :smile:

OP
OP
J

john2755

I live in Wakefield, I know Keighley quite well, as a Wakefield trinity fan I have been to Keighley many times and I have relatives who have a farm near Bingley which is nto far away. Actually, a bit bizarre - I quite enjoy hills. Probablly from my running days, less punishment on the knees. I hate the thought of pushing a bike up a hill. Most embarrassing.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
john2755 said:
I live in Wakefield, I know Keighley quite well, as a Wakefield trinity fan I have been to Keighley many times and I have relatives who have a farm near Bingley which is nto far away. Actually, a bit bizarre - I quite enjoy hills. Probablly from my running days, less punishment on the knees. I hate the thought of pushing a bike up a hill. Most embarrassing.

Hello from an ex-patriate Woodlesford lad... now that's a hill from the canal up Pottery Lane up to the Beechwood Centre past the church!

cubby

Über Member
Welcome aboard from another West Yorkshire newbie - ish, i'm from Halifax, and your right in stating youve got to get used to the hills round these parts ... lol

OP
OP
J

john2755

Thanx all for your warm welcome.
Halifax, there's a proud rugby league town I've spent some happy & not so happy afternoons in.
I think hills should be put into perspective. My dad reckoned he used to cycle to North Wales & back in a weekend, on one fixed gear. Now we've got 21 and we still puff and blow.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hello™ User3143
And welcome to the site...

my family's from sandal

dad used to bike from sandal to staincross and darton on the bike I now use :biggrin: i have one more gear than he had tho ;)

Top Bottom