Hi guys, new to forum. From Sunny (ahem) Scotland.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey chaps,

Hope you are all well. Just got into cycling in a big way recently after deciding running 3 x 10k's a week will have my knees in a jar by the time i'm 40!!
Bought a Cannondale CAADX 105 2012 and have been out on average 3 runs a week. Last one was Perth-Dunkeld-Amulree-Crieff-Perth. Next one will likely be up to Pitlochry and back. I'm doing anything between 50 and 60 miles just now but Pitlochry circular (returning via Scone) is over 80 so looking forward to doing that in the next few weeks.

Loving my bike and hitting the road. :-)

ps, stay in Perthshire Scotland.

Pedro

ACS

Legendary Member
:welcome: :bicycle:

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
Hey, nice one. If you have any recommended routes then please feel free to get in touch. If i discover something nice i'll do the same. :-)

Hi Pedro, might see you out and about as I sometimes cycle those roads as well.

aberal

Guru
I even see some cyclists cycling up the A9!! Are they mad? Ha. :-)

They are mad. Madder than a mad thing...

Welcome to the forum.
thumbsup.png

Hi Pedro :hello:. I'm further down the coast but I sometime frequent those roads too, I've not been further north than Perth in the last few months though. All but the A9, its a great area for cycling and for a few hours today it has been sunny Scotland, I was wearing 3/4 today and I think I've got sunburnt calves, I got a panini in yesterdays cafe ;)

Fran143

Über Member
Hi Pedro :hello:. I'm further down the coast but I sometime frequent those roads too, I've not been further north than Perth in the last few months though. All but the A9, its a great area for cycling and for a few hours today it has been sunny Scotland, I was wearing 3/4 today and I think I've got sunburnt calves, I got a panini in yesterdays cafe ;)

Same here, but my sunburn washed off!:whistle:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
wave.gif
Pedrosanchezo and
wave.gif
to CycleChat !
thebiggrin.gif

We've had a couple of CC Ecosse rides out of Perth, the most recent (albeit a while ago ...
rolleyes.gif
) being one Seamab and I did. Then we did it the other way round the next day (it was harder - Seamab managed to find an extra couple of those 'upwardly inclined gradients'
eek.gif
).

We had a couple of lovely rides - you'd be very welcome next time ...
thumbsup.png

ps - glad to see you went Amulree- Crieff, not Amulree-Kenmore !
eek2.gif

Attachments

• wave.gif
    wave.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 33
Top Bottom