Hi guys, new to forum. From Sunny (ahem) Scotland.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ps - glad to see you went Amulree- Crieff, not Amulree-Kenmore !
eek2.gif

I've only done that once at it started raining as I got to the top, it mad the descent on the steeper Kenmore side interesting, I then snapped a front spoke :ohmy: Then on the climb out of Aberfeldy the gear cable broke :ohmy: :ohmy: somehow it seemed harder :ohmy:

snorri

Legendary Member
I've only done that once at it started raining as I got to the top, it mad the descent on the steeper Kenmore side interesting, I then snapped a front spoke :ohmy: Then on the climb out of Aberfeldy the gear cable broke :ohmy: :ohmy: somehow it seemed harder :ohmy:

Careful HLab, posts like that could even make car travel seem an attractive option.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
Hi Pedro :hello:. I'm further down the coast but I sometime frequent those roads too, I've not been further north than Perth in the last few months though. All but the A9, its a great area for cycling and for a few hours today it has been sunny Scotland, I was wearing 3/4 today and I think I've got sunburnt calves, I got a panini in yesterdays cafe ;)

Surely getting sunburnt in Scotland is the ultimate insult?!!? Ha. We used to get great summers too. Even in Perth!! Seems to be a thing of the past now though........

I was out on Saturday for a brisk 42 miler (Luncarty-Chapelhill-Crieff-Perth-Luncarty) and it was a beautiful day. I went out in the summer gear but with a nice thin jacket on top as it was a wee bit nippy. ;-) Don't know what i'm going to do when the snow hits. I've got so many routes i want to do but if it's like last year the roads will be unusable for months. I despair!!

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
wave.gif
Pedrosanchezo and
wave.gif
to CycleChat !
thebiggrin.gif

We've had a couple of CC Ecosse rides out of Perth, the most recent (albeit a while ago ...
rolleyes.gif
) being one Seamab and I did. Then we did it the other way round the next day (it was harder - Seamab managed to find an extra couple of those 'upwardly inclined gradients'
eek.gif
).

We had a couple of lovely rides - you'd be very welcome next time ...
thumbsup.png

ps - glad to see you went Amulree- Crieff, not Amulree-Kenmore !
eek2.gif

Hey!! Thanks for the BIG welcome. ;-)

Went the wrong way on a few routes recently. One of the most (or least) fun ones was going to Crieff via Dunkeld & Amulree. I had planned to go in reverse but decided this was easier. Hmmm, there is around 12 miles or so of uphill!! Not mad steep but annoying enough to keep you in the lower gear-age. :-(
Though it is worth it just to come down the hill in to Gilmerton. Flying!! Epic view. :-)

RE next time, yeh would love to. What kind of distance do you guys do? Whats your starting/finishing point? Or points if not circular. :-)

Attachments

• wave.gif
    wave.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran

This sounds like a lot of fun!! The route that is. Not the rain, snapped spoke or the gear cable breaking!! :tongue:
Bet there was a few miles in that Kenmore run?

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
It was a scorcher on my side today...................................if you were suitably attired.:biggrin:

Had you met me today you would have heard the following.............

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
blush.gif

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hey!! Thanks for the BIG welcome. ;-)
My pleasure
thank_you.gif

RE next time, yeh would love to. What kind of distance do you guys do? Whats your starting/finishing point? Or points if not circular. :-)

These rides were 40 miles, which we did in something just under 3 hrs riding time, 4.25 including stops = not silly pace and good chat pace. :bicycle: Mind you, Seamab waited for me up the hills ....
blush.gif

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
These rides were 40 miles, which we did in something just under 3 hrs riding time, 4.25 including stops = not silly pace and good chat pace. :bicycle: Mind you, Seamab waited for me up the hills ....
blush.gif

Hey Scoosh,

No thats cool. Take it you guys stop for some lunch? Defo up for it the next time you guys are close by. Could also cycle to meet you somewhere close (20-30 miles) for a 40 mile ride. You stay in Perthshire? (EDIT> I just looked at your profile, Edinburgh).

I often ride myself which pretty much leaves me going flat out most of the time but tbh i think i really should be taking in more of the beautiful Scottish scenery. So any pace is good for me. Any route also as i think they all are a unique experience.

Ps, Seamab sounds like a gent.
biggrin.gif

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hey Scoosh,

No thats cool. Take it you guys stop for some lunch? Defo up for it the next time you guys are close by. Could also cycle to meet you somewhere close (20-30 miles) for a 40 mile ride. You stay in Perthshire? (EDIT> I just looked at your profile, Edinburgh).

I often ride myself which pretty much leaves me going flat out most of the time but tbh i think i really should be taking in more of the beautiful Scottish scenery. So any pace is good for me. Any route also as i think they all are a unique experience.

Ps, Seamab sounds like a gent.
biggrin.gif

Indeed he is - nothing to do with the elastic round his waist neck seat-post dragging me up the hills ....
whistling.gif

Keep your eyes open for CC Ecosse Forum Rides. When someone gets suitably organised
rolleyes.gif
, we arrange a ride from somewhere, usually near a station to permit rail travel to-and-fro, with a couple of essential and non-negotiable 'rules':

• any bike/ level of cycling skill is welcome
  • no one gets left behind
  • cake stop along the way or at the end
  • cyclechat is encouraged, which means it is not a fast pace
Over the winter, when specific rides can be a bit more difficult to plan, we go for a CC Ecosse RV Ride. Basically, someone (anyone - could even be YOU
cool.gif
) posts that they are going to be at *** cafe/pub at **** time on ** date and others are welcome to join for a coffee, CAKE and chat. You choose your own route, distance etc to get there and back and we all get an opporchancity to meet over the winter months.

Posts for these rides are in CC & Informal Rides and Events part of the Forum.

HTH and look forward to meeting/ riding with you
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
Indeed he is - nothing to do with the elastic round his waist neck seat-post dragging me up the hills ....
whistling.gif

Keep your eyes open for CC Ecosse Forum Rides. When someone gets suitably organised
rolleyes.gif
, we arrange a ride from somewhere, usually near a station to permit rail travel to-and-fro, with a couple of essential and non-negotiable 'rules':

• any bike/ level of cycling skill is welcome
  • no one gets left behind
  • cake stop along the way or at the end
  • cyclechat is encouraged, which means it is not a fast pace
Over the winter, when specific rides can be a bit more difficult to plan, we go for a CC Ecosse RV Ride. Basically, someone (anyone - could even be YOU
cool.gif
) posts that they are going to be at *** cafe/pub at **** time on ** date and others are welcome to join for a coffee, CAKE and chat. You choose your own route, distance etc to get there and back and we all get an opporchancity to meet over the winter months.

Posts for these rides are in CC & Informal Rides and Events part of the Forum.

HTH and look forward to meeting/ riding with you
thumbsup.png

Ah, thats so helpful. Thanks Scoosh. Appreciate the info.
I shall propel myself over to "cc & International rides/forums" and see whats happening.
I'm even down with the cake rule. Extra carbs. :tongue:
Sounds like a fun day of cycling and meeting new folks. :-)

Thanks again. Hopefully speak again soon............
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom