Hi guys, new to forum. From Sunny (ahem) Scotland.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Speed is not an issue. Don't worry about that...

It only becomes an issue when some people try to go quicker than the rest.
Laie_76A.gif

We have a very simple solution: we don't tell them the full route, so they have to wait at every junction to find out where to go next.
biggrin.gif

Works very well !
thumbsup.png

Back-up solution: let HLaB navigate using his wee Garmin ....
wacko.gif

Almost as effective ...
unsure.gif

ACS

Legendary Member
I have a road bike now, but started on a second hand hybrid. As a elderly cyclist said to me as I was suffering while hanging off the back of a mid paced group, it’s never about the bike it’s about the man riding it"

As the others have said nobody get left behind, heavens some of us are not that fast to keep up with the slowest of the slow in the first instance.

In fact there is a certain amount of kudos in being the custodian of the virtual lantern rouge. Well I would say that because I always find myself at the back.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Keep your eyes open for CC Ecosse Forum Rides. When someone gets suitably organised
rolleyes.gif
, we arrange a ride from somewhere, usually near a station to permit rail travel to-and-fro, with a couple of essential and non-negotiable 'rules':

• any bike/ level of cycling skill is welcome
  • no one gets left behind
  • cake stop along the way or at the end
  • cyclechat is encouraged, which means it is not a fast pace
whistling.gif
whistling.gif

He'll get it soon ....
rolleyes.gif

Attachments

• whistling.gif
    whistling.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 31
  • rolleyes.gif
    rolleyes.gif
    673 bytes · Views: 27

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I've "only" got a hybrid, and I've never been made to feel like anybody was looking down on it or me. :thumbsup:
Flash/shiny bikes might get drooled over, but that's about as "elitist" as it gets on CC rides!

T

Top Bottom