Hi, heres my take on CX bike... any thoughts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
I am new to cyclocross so I can not really comment on the bike build but I know a thing or two about photography and I really like this last picture.

would have been better with a little bit of fill flash, and without chopping the seat off

oh, and without the burn out from the sun

whoops sorry, wrong forum :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Si_

Si_

Regular
Thanks guys! The picture in question was cropped from a larger shot, taken with my google nexus phone camera. Its not been edited in any way other than the crop, but it sums up that days ride perfectly. The two outdoor shots above are actually taken in aproximately the same place, give or take about 100 yards, on the same track, three weeks apart.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Thanks guys! The picture in question was cropped from a larger shot, taken with my google nexus phone camera. Its not been edited in any way other than the crop, but it sums up that days ride perfectly. The two outdoor shots above are actually taken in aproximately the same place, give or take about 100 yards, on the same track, three weeks apart.

So you had 2 chances to get it right, in camera and then when cropping and you still got it wrong? :laugh: Just teasing, who cares about the photo, the bike is "interesting"!

Star Strider

They are a well made light but they have an exceedingly annoying low voltage cut out which is not what you want if you are caught out at night on the trail, it also makes using anything but brand spanking new rechargeables difficult.

Fine for urban use, not so much for rides when you may be further away from home.

OP
OP
Si_

Si_

Regular
aye, fair one but it works for moi, always had MTBS with sloping tt's (kona, univega etc) and shouldered them no probs. mind you i admit the vistlite aint in an ideal spot.. lol

choddo

she had a few teething probs, wrong brakes before i got the road ones, still running a triple front chainset cos its a cheap riveted thing. and my original stem was ridiculously long...

trying to find a triple road lever is a nightmare. (unless you have ready cash) i seem happy at 2x9 for now.. thinking of running a 38 48 front end when i get sorted, which should give me enough range with an 11 32 rear.
By coincidence, I've got an unused triple Ultegra 6703 shifter (without the lever or hood) in the garage, let me know if you're interested. It was a warranty replacement that I was too impatient to wait for. Have no idea what to ask for it though. The replacement I paid for was about 130 iirc.

Moss

It's a grand job you've done on that bit'sa CX looks showroom condition. Very nice! Cost much all told ??

Top Bottom