Hi, I just recently bought an e-bike, and so far I love it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JustJan

I bought an e-bike and after limited assembly and trying to adjust it to fit me, I found that the handlebar is stationary. I am 5’9” and with the seat at its lowest, which is just right, I am leaning over the handlebars like my old Raleigh racing bike. I’m older now and need to sit more upright. If I took it in to a bike shop, could they do anything for me?

Drago

Legendary Member
Pics?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If I took it in to a bike shop, could they do anything for me?
Possibly/probably.

The bike probably has a modern A-head type handlebar stem. There are riser stems available like this one...

54365.jpg

Replacing a more horizontal stem with something like that would get the handlebar a lot higher. The brake and gear cables might not be long enough and need replacing, but there is a good chance that you could get away with the current ones if they have enough slack.

albion

Guru
For guesswork an adjustable stem is better. Watch a youtube on swapping one. It is usually a simple Allen key job, you just need the sequence right.

ExBrit

Über Member
I bought an e-bike and after limited assembly and trying to adjust it to fit me, I found that the handlebar is stationary. I am 5’9” and with the seat at its lowest, which is just right, I am leaning over the handlebars like my old Raleigh racing bike. I’m older now and need to sit more upright. If I took it in to a bike shop, could they do anything for me?

Welcome JustJan. I'm glad you like your e-bike. You should be able to replace your stem yourself, especially if you search for some YouTube videos. If you prefer, your local bike shop can help you with this. With a little more work, you could also replace the handlebars. Some pictures would really help. Plus we love seeing other peoples bikes. To break the ice, here's a picture of one of mine.

1712789707320.jpeg

classic33

Leg End Member
@JustJan you may need to make a few posts before the forum software allows you to upload photos
Their first few posts will require approval, so they may appear a bit slow in answering questions.

Top Bottom