Hi, I'm James.

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Hi! I got introduced to this site by a guy on Youtube called CyclingMikey.

I'm 14 and I live in Paisley, Scotland. I've wanted to cycle for a while and I'm finally doing it. I wasn't very good at the start (mainly quite shy and not wanting to be killed) but I've gained some confidence and I'm getting better at it.

I'm a complete novice. I recently fixed up my run-down BMX bike, I suppose it was 'cool' when I was 10 but I wish I'd gotten a mountain bike, or something with gears and suspension! It's not the ideal bike for cycling but it works. I've been out on the roads for just under a week now, the bike's not coped very well. I've had multiple problems with brake pads, tyre misalignment, the chain and some other stuff. Hopefully it's all good now though, I just need to get some washers to tighten the back tire and I should be good to go.

I'm kitted out. I wear a helmet, a high visibility vest, my bike has lights and reflectors and I carry around an allen key if anything needs adjusted. I've been cycling around two miles a day and compared to some peoples posts of 'I go 20 miles when I want to take it easy', it might not seem much. From nothing to two a day, it's good for me.

And this is my bike - it's an Apollo XRated Decoy 07 which I paid around £300 for in 2009.
http://i.imgur.com/rXc7N.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/23DSp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LOoIm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ilHqT.jpg

Steve H

Large Member
Welcome aboard James. Two miles is about how much I started with a few years back. It soon builds up! Enjoy

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Two miles on a BMX probably counts for more in real life:laugh:!!

Two comments - is the saddle not straight? and the chain does look a little slack in the third photo I think - but I'm on the small laptop so it's hard to see. Nice orange colour.

Welcome.

Peteaud

Veteran
:welcome:

Getting to know how to fix your bike, even if its a pain in the a*se will set you up for the future.

Dont worry about how many miles, just enjoy the ride, trust me, the miles creep up and up.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: jazloc and :welcome: to CycleChat ! :wahhey:

There are number of CC 'regulars' in or around Paisley, so no doubt they'll be along soon to share their welcomes :thumbsup: and wisdom :wacko:.

Hope to see you on a CC Ecosse Forum ride later ... :bicycle:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Welcome aboard James. Two miles is about how much I started with a few years back. It soon builds up! Enjoy

Thanks for the welcome :smile: Hopefully after a while I'll be able to do quite a bit more than 2 miles!
:welcome:

Getting to know how to fix your bike, even if its a pain in the a*se will set you up for the future.

Dont worry about how many miles, just enjoy the ride, trust me, the miles creep up and up.

Thanks, I already know how to fix the basic things on my bike like handlebars, saddle, brakes etc so there shouldn't be too much of an issue there :smile:

There are number of CC 'regulars' in or around Paisley, so no doubt they'll be along soon to share their welcomes :thumbsup: and wisdom :wacko:.

I didn't realise that anyone else in Paisley cycled! I've seen maybe two or three people out cycling :smile:

Thanks! Hopefully, one day I'll be doing twenty miles when I'm feeling lazy :P
Two miles on a BMX probably counts for more in real life:laugh:!!

Two comments - is the saddle not straight? and the chain does look a little slack in the third photo I think - but I'm on the small laptop so it's hard to see. Nice orange colour.

Welcome.

Yeah, the saddle needs a tiny bit of adjustment and the back tyre needs to be tighter so the chain doesn't keep falling off. Nice observation! :smile:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi James :welcome: to CChat from Glasgow :hello:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

I don't know about wisdom, but welcome from Dumbarton.

I'll actually go on one of these too some day, I never quite get round to it!!

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
:welcome: James. Good move joining the CC family. A rich vein of knowledge and encouragement to be found on here, trust me :wacko:

Top Bottom