Hi (shyly)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KateK

Hi, this is a bit weird for me, posting on a cycle forum. Though not, it has to be said, as trying to sound intelligible in a cycle shop when you don't know your bottom bracket from your handlebars. I am ashamed to say that I am spectacularly inept about bikes despite the fact that they have been my main means of transport for 28 years. Anyway, after a breakdown and spending most of the last 8 years in hospital I decided to start going for cycle rides again in October and now I go 2 or three times a week for an hour or two. I am really enjoying it even if it sometimes takes an effort to get out the door. Anyway, please be patient with me if I seem dim...I am trying!

paulw1969

Ridley rider
:welcome:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Welcome to the forum, we all start from somewhere and if any one gives you a hard time for it- it's more their problem then yours.

Enjoy CC- ask away!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Welcome - and no, you don't seem dim.

A year ago I hadn't a clue what a 'bottom bracket' was. Now I've got half a clue at least.

Keep getting out of the door, particularly as it's (supposed to be) getting warmer.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
You put your hands on the handlebars, you put your bottom on the....oh, yes, it is a bit confusing, isn't it?:smile:

Welcome KateK, we're generally very helpful, so ask away.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Kate. Welcome to CycleChat!

There are a lot of people here who don't know much about bikes but there are also people who are very helpful in trying to answer questions about them. It is always a good idea to use the search box (top right) before asking a question though, because many topics have been done to death!

We have had quite a few threads about depression, and there are quite a few of us who have had mental health problems of one sort or another so you won't be alone there either.

I found riding my bike helped cleared my head after the illnesses/deaths of my parents and when I was having problems at work. It's a great stress-buster.

Several CC members organise local 'forum rides'. We get together and ride out to cafes from time to time. Keep your eyes open for those in the CC & Informal Rides and Events forum if you fancy coming along on one of them. If you don't mind people knowing what area you come from, you can add it to your profile and it will appear in the box on the left of each of your posts.

Keep on posting!

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
:welcome:

Terry Kay

Hi and welcome! No need to feel ashamed at all! Getting your hands dirty sorting bikes is, I'm sure, one of those things you either love or hate..

As mentioned, not everyone here loves tinkering, but we do all love bikes!

Norm

Hey, KateK, welcome.

Everyone's story is unique but yours is not unusual. :hello:

Congrats for taking that step, I hope you like the place. :becool:

Hello :biggrin: Your in good company here, everything to do with cycling is very civilized indeed (apart from arguments about helmets). The political debate area is hardcore though. People always happy to chat bikes still all levels, very helpful on a wide variety of issues. I can answer easy questions! Hope you enjoy ourself here. :biggrin:

Top Bottom