Hi there. Another new Mamil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Geoffers

Regular
Hi all
I'm a 49 year old born-again cyclist. I got divorced earlier this year after MANY years. I've since met someone else who turned out to be a triathlete (she's gearing up for a full "iron man" next year). She started me cycling again in June after more than 30 years, and I'm loving it. Lost a bit of weight, gained a lot of fitness and I no longer look embarrassing in lycra! :smile:

I have over well 1000 miles in my legs, including a 100 miler. I commute most days (8 miles each way) plus weekend rides of anywhere between 30 - 70 miles.

I started with a BTwin Triban 500 from Decathlon and have recently upgraded to a Triban RC520 (posting a review of that is one reason why I joined the forum).

I'm also type 2 diabetic which, for those who don't know, means I have problems processing carbohydrates. This means I have a balancing act to perform when fuelling for longer rides and one thing I'll be grateful for is anyone else's experience in this area.

Slick

Guru
Hi :welcome:

Well done on your progress so far, the power of love eh.:okay:

OP
OP
G

Geoffers

Regular
Losing a bit of timber can help with type 2.

I've been diagnosed for 3 years. Lost a couple of stone when I was first diagnosed and it's helped. I've lost another half a stone since starting cycling and gawd 'elp me there's some definition in my abs.

I'm 5ft 3 and just over 10 stone - lose much more and I'll fit between my spokes :smile:

Top Bottom