Hi There

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pajr

Have just signed up to the forum
I live on the South Coast, am 45 years of age and am somewhat overweight, i recently bought myself a cheap second hand Hybrid bike after taking stock of my current physical condition.
After giving up smoking a few years ago the weight piled on and now that I feel that I am over the smoking thing I now need to address the weight problem.
I suspect my wife thinks that this is just a passing fad but I am determined to stick with it.
I only got the bike a fortnight ago and I have racked up 70 odd miles already, I have got in to a routine of doing 3.5 miles in the morning and then the same when i finish work at night, so far i am finding it hard work but am enjoying it.
I hope i dont make too much of a nuiscance of myself with some silly questions as I am rather a newbie to this as I have not been near a bike for over 20 years.

Berties

Fast and careful!
Welcome along to cycle chat

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Have just signed up to the forum
I hope i dont make too much of a nuiscance of myself with some silly questions as I am rather a newbie to this as I have not been near a bike for over 20 years.

The rules haven't changed that much in the last couple of decades. Try to keep it rubber side down. If the saddle is uncomfortable and you can't locate the handlebars, you're possibly facing the wrong way... That kind of stuff.

(And this from one who travels feet first, flat on his back).

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Welcome to the site,everyone is helpfull :welcome:

Top Bottom