hi there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lookatrab

Hi guys new here just thought best say hello first, happy new year everybody. I have been using my mountain bike for road use only lately and commuting and I just have a question about tyres. I find it difficult to get any real speed and slows down far to easy, does anybody have any recommended slicks that would make the job easier or would I need hybrid wheels and tyres? tyres at the mo are quite knobbly size is 26 x 2.35

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
city jets .
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/schwalbe-ci...d||pkw||pmt||prd|5360088348uk&dest=1&curr=GBP
Does your MTB have suspension ? if so can you lock it or make it stiffer to reduce the bounce thats sucks the power of each pedal stroke .

OP
OP
L

lookatrab

yes has front suspension, I can make stiffer unsure if it can be locked, they look good ill stiffen shocks up and try them

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Hi guys new here just thought best say hello first, happy new year everybody. I have been using my mountain bike for road use only lately and commuting and I just have a question about tyres. I find it difficult to get any real speed and slows down far to easy, does anybody have any recommended slicks that would make the job easier or would I need hybrid wheels and tyres? tyres at the mo are quite knobbly size is 26 x 2.35

Maybe Schwalbe marathon or city jet tyres..

Also, hello and welcome to CycleChat :welcome:

Ganymede

Veteran
Hi and welcome. Endless discussion about tyres on here so you will find lots of info. I ride a hybrid with wide knobbly tyres (so I can skip onto the verge or through rough bits of road as I live in the country) and I know exactly what you mean by slowing down far too easily!

Boon 51

Veteran
Welcome to the forum... When you get your tyres sorted from the good advice above you will find the going a lot easier..

Top Bottom