Hi-Viz jackets and cycling in France?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Of course if you do get EN471 class 3 then they must be long sleeved and have at least on reflective stripe on the sleeve - I assume they must be saffron yellow (this is irrelavant but I just wanted to say it - the thing that confuses me is that in the UK highway activities is yellow and rail activites are orange - something to do with not being confused with the signals) on the continent it is the other way round - course there is now a school of thought that saffron yellow is only good in the daylight - not good under sodiums - and an orange/yellow hybrid is being introduced - I no problem finding a vest for cycling in - I have a great big bag of decent ones that do not conform to this or that standard/local rules etc - buy shares in hi viz manufacturers?

Willem - if you want the best then there are some very nice class 3 goretex hi viz jackets that would be OK for cycling in - tres expence - no idea where you get them as way out of my leauge - only seen them on the backs of people who arrive in large black BMWs or Daimlers

willem

Über Member
In fact, the hi viz goretx jackets as apparently worn by the BMW crowd of the story are not necessarily that expensive. The only ones I know after extensive searching are professional workwear, and these goretex jackets are significanly cheaper than the goretex jackets commonly foun din outdoor shops. Their biggest disadvantage is that they are very heavy and probably not very breathable.
Willem

willem - I do not know - but I picked up one that belonged to a geezer that I was at an induction with and it was gorgous thing

Top Bottom