Hidden Talents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
A conversation today gave me cause to reflect on Hidden Talents and how many we may have and be totally unaware of. Went to art classes as therapy 6 years ago having always believed I had no talent whatsoever for drawing/painting, at least that is what I was told all those years ago in school. The result of attending the classes was enlightening.
Self portrait
DSCF0532 (450x338).jpg

An attempt to capture a dim and distant memory of a Jazz club I attended in the 70s
DSCF0529 (450x338).jpg

What hidden talents have you discovered later in life that you had been unaware of.

What remains to be discovered????????????????

pplpilot

Guru
I have none, however I was with Mrs Pplpilot for 4 years before I discovered she was a very accomplished pianist, lessons from 5 yeas old till she was 25. We were sat in the lobby of a Hotel in Sydney having a beer when she just out the blue sat at the Grand Piano they had in there and kept us all entertained for a good hour or so, this was 7 years ago, It is the only time I've seen her play. I have offered to buy her a piano on several occasions and she just says naaa, cant be bothered they just attract dust!

Plax

Guru
My hidden talent involves the ability to deplete the contents of wine bottles in the blink of an eye. Oh hang on, maybe that's not actually hidden.........
I'm crap / mediocre / average at most things i'm afraid.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My hidden talent involves the ability to deplete the contents of wine bottles in the blink of an eye.
Hey! I do have a talent! (I can do beer too - does that count as a second talent?)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I have a very good memory for postcodes. I'm useless with names, but if you tell me your postcode, and I have to use it once or twice, I'll probably remember it.

byegad

Legendary Member
I tend to be pretty good at most things I turn my hand to, unless hand eye coordination is required then I'm useless. As an example:- I could serve a tennis ball to any point on the opposite court, but couldn't get a return over the damn net. The service was good because I could toss the ball consistently and hit it at the same point every time, all in my control. However once the ball was in play and coming at an inconsistent pace to an inconsistent place I was screwed.

Top Bottom