High 5 tablets and similar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
I have a coffee and a water before the ride. Then a hydration tablet split in half between 2 x 750ml water bottles during the ride.

tyred

Legendary Member
A pint of Guinness tastes nicer.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I sometimes impulse buy them in Decathlon. They add a pleasant taste to water but whether they are any better than squash I can't say. They are more portable than squash.

I use zero tabs on longer tougher rides - much to my surprise they seem to work.
I also sometimes keep a tube next to the bed after a tough ride - a few times I have woken with bad cramps and chewing one whole seems to bring near immediate relief. I can't think that this can be medically possible but if it somehow kicks some odd bit of my warped brain and nervous system I'm just grateful.
For energy in the bottle (none in a zero tab of course) I use, after a hot tip on here, maltodextrin powder.
So yes, well worth it - but only on harder longer rides or if it's especially hot.
Aldi sometimes do their own version but I tend not to like the flavours they do.
Berry flavour my favourite High5.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Yes I find they help, especially on hot days.
Their powder / energy drink is good too, I make up a bottle of that for longer rides, I really like the tropical flavour.
They make several mixed trial packs (tabs, powders, gels, and depending on the pack, protein shake, energy bars). You can pick them up in Holland and Barrett, Halfords and sometimes Lidl, and the box comes with a free 750ml H5 bottle, often for not much more than the cost of a bottle itself so it's worth it just looking out for them when you need new bottles.

Top Bottom