High-end singlespeeds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
trek-district-carbon.jpg

£2799.99 at Evans :eek:

Rear facing ends and no mudguard eyes, s'crap.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have one that's fast and practical. Wasn't cheap though !

Easy to do, get a good frame (via LBS) good kit, hand built wheels and you are off.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
My best bike has a carbon frame, 105 bits and RS30 wheels. Worth £1300, weighs 9.3 kg.
My SS is a Dynatech 401 Ti frame, from 1992 or so. Shimano Tiagra wheels, Sora brakes, bits from the spares heap.
Weighs 9.3 kg. It's fast and bombproof, and I can win the pub sprint on it. :biggrin:
As FA says, decent frame, decent wheels and very little other kit, job's a good 'un.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS it's a damn shame my Panniers weigh more than my bike. :whistle: Just shaved 100g from my handle bars.... recent crash replacement - buggered up by the load of crap I carry in my panniers. :blush: or a good poo :tongue:

PS I am now a convert to commuting by fixed.... or indeed extended commutes. The flexibility and power training is great...

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i have a nice columbus zonal alloy frame and fork set awaiting attention and tempted to build that as a single speed as have done 3 now using older steel framed one , just to see what differance apart from the weight

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Ugliest Cinelli ever (I'm a Cinelli owner myself), they have a right knack for making ugly ass stuff every now and then, integralters for example.

Decent spec though on those bootleg things, they just look ridiculous.

Allirog

smokeysmoo, on 13 July 2011 - 18:33:29, said:

Guessing you live in Southern California MrA? Can't imagine keeping that hipster clean on our mean streets in the UK
You couldn't be further from the truth, up here in sunny manky Aberdeen, Scotland...
Not quite Southern California but not in the U.K. anymore either..

Jezston

Über Member
Saw one of the new 2011 Fuji Track 2.0s in Evans today. Suddenly I like the look of modern track bikes!

fuji-track-2.0-track-bike-2011-fully-assembled-free-delivery--4593-p.jpg

Picture doesn't do it justice AT ALL.

zigzag

Veteran
different from picture - they come with both brakes standard (at least that's what i've seen at evans).

Top Bottom