High School Musical

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugo15

Über Member
My 5 year old daughter has just discovered Disney's High School Musical. We have watched both of the movies 3 or 4 times each this weekend and I am sat here singing the songs while I surf!! Someone warned me that little girls find it very addictive. Anyone else had to suffer this?

longers

Legendary Member
Not me, but a friend at work has two daughters who love it (and whatever spin-offs there are).

You're doomed to ear worm hell :smile:.

My 8 year old loves HSM, and we, too, have been subjected to wall-to-wall DVD repeats etc.

You wait until you start to notice your daughter's mannerisms,speech and general behaviour starting to mirror these irritating, precocious American teens ! :smile:

I've got off lightly though; the missus is taking daughter to see the stage version and fortunately I'll be at work.:biggrin:

surfgurl

Lose the dvds sometime this week. Or allow her to watch the dvd in her own room as a special treat. And don't get sucked in to buying the sticker books, or cds, or any other related paraphenalia.

Just be glad it is something you don't like watching. My stepsons got into watching Father Ted when they were 6 and 8. All was fine and we watched it with them. Until the umpteenth viewing of the videos. Ten years later I can now watch an episode without going mad. I can still repeat it word for word.
It almost caused an international incident when we went camping in west Wales and took a day trip to Ireland. You try stopping a 6 year old doing his Father Jack impression all day.:smile:

OP
OP
Hugo15

Hugo15

Über Member
Thankfully we don't have the dvd's. It has been on one of the Disney Channels all weekend.

<sings> "We're all in the together, la, la, la"

mondobongo

Über Member
Is here anything that Disney has not branded with HSM my 8 year old grandaughter loves it has the dvds cds and lots of other stuff cost a fortune for HSM clothes at Christmas. She went to the live show a few weeks ago cant believe the price of some of the merchandise nor that her mother paid it £5 for a microphone pen. Disney is getting its claws into them young and for the long haul on this one.

If your ears are suffering I hate to tell you but part 3 is not too far away.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
My ex had to spend a day with them when they were promoting stuff in the UK. Tempting fate here, but I could see if she's got any signed stuff left.....

Shaun

Founder
Our 4 yr old has the DVD and the T-shirt ... and whenever we're out shopping will pick up anything with HSM on it and ask "Can I have this?" with a big grin on her face. She gets the stock answer from us (No), but I must admit after watching it a few times the songs do get into your head a bit, and the choriography is quite good in the dance sequences.

So it's 'Go Wildcats!', and don't forget to 'get your head in the game!' :biggrin: xx(

Cheers,
Shaun

ChrisKH

Guru
MY wife bought the DVD and my two son's after watching five minutes gave her the 'do you think we're gay?' look. And promptly switched back to Ben 10/Pokemon/Power Rangers/Storm Hawks/Jonny Test/Robot BoyXiaolin Showdown. Not that they're addicted or anything.

Maz

Guru
zimzum42 said:
My ex had to spend a day with them when they were promoting stuff in the UK. Tempting fate here, but I could see if she's got any signed stuff left.....
I'll have a signed picture of Sharpay (sp?) please.

Rapples

Guru
"Fabulous that's a simple request." But I wouldn't "Bet on it, bet on it"

"It must be the music in me"

And yes I do have an 8 year old daughter. My sympathy to all ;)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Yeah I have 3 kids who love it and to be fair if they are going to watch something on the box I would prefer HSM to a lot of those garbage american shoot em up cartoons, power rangers etc

Top Bottom