High-viz jackets.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
allen-uk said:
Anyone tried cycle-clothing.co, or Speg jackets?

No and no but they look like a nice bit of kit and a decent price. Give it a go.

1LegRikk

Might be worth poking your nose into a local halfords or two, I went last night to pickup a hi-vis strip and they had loads of stuff to clear including hi-vis jackets.

redjedi

Über Member
allen-uk said:
Hello.

I've been looking for a lightweight very large high-viz jacket, and most of the ones with 'cycling' in the name seem to be silly prices.

However, I've found this:

http://www.cycle-clothing.co.uk/Products/134/speg-360hv-dwr-cycle-jacket-high-visibility.aspx

which seems to tick all the boxes. Anyone tried cycle-clothing.co, or Speg jackets? Advice welcomed.

Allen, London.

Some of the Speg stuff looks quite good, and well priced.

It's just a shame they're called SPEG. It just conjours images of

319217.jpg

J4CKO

Another vote for the Altura night vision, just be careful if you are buyign via the web, there is a windproof version (as opposed to waterproof) as well and you really need to try one on as they are snug, I tried X Large and it wasnt big enough so had to go XX Large and I am not that massive by any stretch, its got spare space in sure but I wanted to be able to wear it over a fleece should I need to.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I bought some shorts on cycle-clothing - good quality and the price was cheap enough.
Lots of stuff on offer at the moment. I got a nice Endura jacket for a good price last year....well it was nice untill I scraped it down the road after falling off on the ice!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Another vote for the Altura Night Vision, I'm sure plenty of other tops are very good but was sold on this as it is nice and loose and so helps me not to overheat.

OP
OP
A

allen-uk

Sodding minefield, ain't it. Oh, and the range of chest sizes defined as 3XL is quite amazing, too! Maybe I should go on a diet instead.

A.

OP
OP
A

allen-uk

Thanks for the info.

MacBludgeon, you sound as if you're built a bit like me. Do you get mistaken for a rugby forward, too? Well, I did in my youth, anyway. And Rikk, yes I will pop in to my local Halfords, but that 3XL usually rules out the chain-stores.

Discount Cycles Direct say they don't do a 3XL, windproof/waterproof or any other.

A.