Highest Speed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
I chickened out at 59.9kph (37.2mph) on a fully laden (world tour) tourer somewhere near a town in Sweden which we renamed from Båstad to some thing more appropriate. It was sustained as well 3km in just over 3 mins - just wish the uphill had not taken hours beforehand. We had to slow down for a couple of bend and to go over some railway lines. Strangely vehicles stopped overtaking us on the downhill. My OH recorded 63.9kph (39.7mph) on the same section. Bikes were rock steady. Not sure my nerves were.

Without any wind assistance and as long as the hill is long enough to reach terminal velocity, on a ...........
2% hill, I'll hit 20 mph.
4% hill, I'll hit 30 mph.
8% hill, I'll hit 40 mph.
16% hill, I'll hit 50 mph.
Top is only 55 mph which I've reached twice on different hills.

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Without any wind assistance and as long as the hill is long enough to reach terminal velocity, on a ...........
2% hill, I'll hit 20 mph.
4% hill, I'll hit 30 mph.
8% hill, I'll hit 40 mph.
16% hill, I'll hit 50 mph.
Top is only 55 mph which I've reached twice on different hills.
I'll get to 40mph on the 4-8% but on the 16% I'll only do 20mph :blush:

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Last July I managed 34.4 mph according to my Sports Tracker record here. I got up to 35+ pre sports tracker. All on my 30 year old steel tourer.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A 10 percent hill is where you hit max IMHO. Aero tuck no wind. More and you are on the brakes and the hill isnt straight enough

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
I hit it well before that. If its a shallowish non technical downhill in good conditions or into a headwind I can power down it, I dont like steeper wheels and spinning out :ohmy:

jay clock

Massive member
about 75kmh. On a heavily laden touring bike in NZ - rock solid and clear straight road with an uphill to lose speed

Herbie

Veteran
This question re-appears every now and again on the forum.
Good for a little bit of willy waving :thumbsup:

49.4mph down Devils Dyke north bound.

aye the testosserrone levels fairly rise when this subject rears its heid....mine is 39.8mph by the way :wahhey:

Spally

have to say as well, done a similar top speed on my hybrid, and probably due to the RB being new, felt safer at that speed on my hybrid.

Top Bottom