Highest Speed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
48.6 i did get a bit of a draught from a truck that had just overtaken me though to help me get there!

I admit to being a downhill wuss and never feel very confident when the roads are wet, rough-surfaced, clogged with traffic etc, which is pretty much all the time.

Up till today my "best" was 32 mph and I don't know which was shaking more, me or the bike.

However, the planets came into alignment today... dry, downhill open road, surface which appeared to have been freshly ironed and next to no traffic. Got up to the heady heights of 35.3 mph. Please note the .3 is very important when you're as slow as me.^_^

I'm aiming at 40 mph next !:becool:

Nebulous

Guru
49.9 mph. Its been an ambition to break 50 for some time so I was disappointed to get so close, without making it. In the same ride I did a mile in 1 minute 34.4 giving an avewrage speed of 37.9, which I assume is also my best.

paul04

Über Member
I got 42mph going downhill, on the flat 31mph (very short sprint)

There might have been other times but from a quick check of the records the fastest Ive been on the flat is 31.4mph but that would have involved drafting another rider.
Crossford Sprint 2.jpg

I was definitely in the front this ride (my mate was practising chasing folk down namely me ;) ); 30.3mph unaided.

Docky Sprints.jpg

I think Ive lost the sprinting ability (unless its uphill and then speeds aren't high) and gained on endurance this year though :wacko:

kedab

Veteran
39mph downhill, on the way home from work one night, a year or so back. 36mph on a not so steep descent a couple of weeks ago - i freakin love it :blush:

MichaelO

Veteran
You went through a 30mph sign, but state that once inside this zone you were exceeding the speed limit.

Get on the naughty step right away.
Speed limit doesn't apply to non-engined vehicles....right? I love triggering the speed cameras on hills (or just after) :smile:

Top Bottom