Highest Speed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Since I started back in June 34.9mph 26/10/12 had a 34.3 this month, but using an old computer back in 2008 I think i nudge 40mph but I cant be to sure of the accuracy.

I've been to 80kmh (we measure in kmh here, I think that's about 50mph) Scared the hell out of me but it was a very short, sharp steep descent, so I knew it would only last for a little bit before it bottomed out.

We call it The Wall. Good to go down, no fun going up. That's when you realise that the 28 you put on isn't low enough!

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I've been to 80kmh (we measure in kmh here, I think that's about 50mph) Scared the hell out of me but it was a very short, sharp steep descent, so I knew it would only last for a little bit before it bottomed out.

We call it The Wall. Good to go down, no fun going up. That's when you realise that the 28 you put on isn't low enough!
There's a good reason the maximum speed limit for that road is 60km/h.

RWright

Guru
I got up to 33.9 mph today so I could do an early check on the wrist heart rate monitor I found yesterday.
I was wearing my regular sunglasses I use for cruising and it was cool out. My eyes were streaming tears. I have gone faster but I forget what my top is, but today doing 33.9 almost blind was sort of exciting. One day I am going to wear my helmet and see what I can really do. ;)

Pedal Bob

Using gravity and tail-winds is cheating. How fast do you all think you could get up to on the flat with no ambient wind speed (rare in this country, I know). I think for a short space of time I could get to 34/35mph. Who on here thinks they could top 40mph?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Using gravity and tail-winds is cheating. How fast do you all think you could get up to on the flat with no ambient wind speed (rare in this country, I know). I think for a short space of time I could get to 34/35mph. Who on here thinks they could top 40mph?

Gosh..40mph? not me that's for sure.
Come close to 30mph on the flat but not managed it. Too old now anyway to reach that figure I think.

lejogger

Guru
52.4mph with the Sunlight on the Eureka Anniversary ride last summer.
Wasnt totally flat out but there's some good descents in Wales... It's all about finding the right hill with the right surface and the best conditions.

Without any descent/wind I can sustain 25mph for a number of miles with the best bike on a flatish course, and could get over 30 for a short burst before running out of steam but 40 is a bit far-fetched for a non-pro mere mortal methinks. Definitely for me at the minute.

Pedal Bob

Gosh..40mph? not me that's for sure.
Come close to 30mph on the flat but not managed it. Too old now anyway to reach that figure I think.

40mph may be pushing it, I admit. I'm not even sure I could manage 34/35mph to be honest but will give it a go for sh1ts and giggles next calm day we have. Will create a Strava segment to see.

lejogger

Guru
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363601019.334037.jpg
hope this works.
This was probably my max effort last summer on the flat... Got to 33mph and sustained just over 30mph over 0.7 of a mile.
Was blowing out my arse by the end of the segment though!

Top Bottom