Highest Speed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
50 down Holme Moss with a nice tailwind. Averaged 36 down snake pass for 3 miles

I'm built for downhills

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
This question re-appears every now and again on the forum.
Good for a little bit of willy waving :thumbsup:

49.4mph down Devils Dyke north bound.
Yup :smile:
It depends a lot on what the hills are like and how big your cajones are, the pros can be hitting 60 mph down some of the descents on mountain stages .The maximum i ever got was 42 mph locally down a hill and i regularly hit 38 mph down my commute hill, not so fast the other way though.

cervelo chic

42mph on my heavy old winter bike :smile:

SigImage.php?a=627ed&r=2&c=6&u=M&g=p&f=abcdeghzzz&z=a.gif

I reached 47.6mph down the String Road in Arran; I wouldnt be surprised if braver folk than me could get to 60mph there. The fastest Ive been this year was 38.8mph going down the Braunston Road to Oakham.
Garmin Connect says I done 48.7mph but I doubt it, it was wet all our ride and snowing at one point Garmin TC says 32.6mph (somewhere on the road from below the A1 to Empingham) that's more realistic :rolleyes:
Edit: Had a closer look at the gps, it was here today, that'd be right, not too steep, totally straight (good visibility) and with a steep uphill to slow me down :whistle:

avsd

Guru
Garmin gives me an all time record of 293.2 mph whilst commuting to work 19th Dec 2012. God bless GPS errors and computers :laugh:

My fastest true speed was in the 45.8 mph coming down from Spelga in the Mourne Mountains :thumbsup:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
41.7mph. After finding it hadn't done my wheel bearings much good and that I'd done it on tyres that were starting to perish :ohmy:, I'm content not to try and top that.:smile:

When I had my wireless speedometer it showed me a reading of over 80mph while waiting at traffic lights.:laugh:

Herr-B

46 mph, which is as fast as my mother in law drives down a dual carriageway!

Would have been faster but there is a sharp bend near the bottom. It also means a minute later I need the granny ring getting up the other side.

Top Bottom