Highest Speed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
50mph a few years ago, although my Garmin says I did about 2000+mph one day, but I think it was having a bad day.</willywave>

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Just a tad under 50 heading for Yelverton from Princetown, which was lovely as the bit to get up there was a bit hilly for a flatlander.
There was a car up my arse too......which had me thinking a bit!:wacko:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
32 mph, but my Garmin claims 81. I think 32
was quite fast enough, Thank You. I probably should have had the folks at Garmin look at it when
it went in for recall. Battery thing, like the Boeing 787.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
60 descending into Betsw-y-coed with a few club mates. Was great.

55 a few times coming off Woodhead towards Sheffield, big wind.

46 locally on an 8 percent hill near me. Have 2nd on the KOM.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Personally, downhills at speed are fun!

Topped 50 a number of times and 60 a couple; the Etape Pennines and coming down into Otley.

Off Holme Moss on Sat mornings I'm usually doing 45-55.

Gary E

Veteran
55.5 mph down Britwell hill in Oxfordshire on the 24th March 2011.

I've tried to break it loads of times but although all of my attempts are over 50, none have topped it yet.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
32.5mph on a 17kg clunker of an MTB with big fat tyres and nice wide bars. The road rumble was quite impressive but it felt rock solid. It took off like a bullet at the top of a short steep hill. The same speed on my road bike with narrow bars and thin tyres makes me distinctly uneasy. I'm very twitchy about less than perfect tarmac.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I
Surface was okay last I went up and back down, and up, and back down again, lol!
It's quite "rippley" in the first mile with a few nasty dips. I don't give it full gas there. The really fast bit down through the trees near the bottom is fine though

Top Bottom