Highgate Hill fixie rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BringMeMyFix

Just in case anyone unfamiliar with the area gets lost and asks for directions, it's Highgate Hill WEST that you're looking for.

Highgate Hill is steeper and shorter, but it's got a few sets of lights on it, and the traffic's worse.

peejay78

hi mr fix, you've strayed from elsewhere...

in lfgss style:

i did this ride before anybody else, so know where it goes...

are you riding on sunday?

BringMeMyFix

Hello Sir - yeah, saw link and needed a breather from all the po-facedness and foppery :blush:

Er, I've just got back from a 45 mile ride on my geared bike, down through Crystal Palace and out into the North Downs; quick experimental ride up White Lane (aka Titsey Lane, aka Bec Hillclimb) in 39x19 and then back home. Weather was perfect, roads pretty clear, and it's fantastic getting from Old St out into beautiful rolling countryside and back again, all between 8.30 and 11am.

Did you go out anywhere today? I may try to drag my wife out on her SS later, and stick the childseat on the back of my (fixed) Inbred. Riding with a kid on board is a whole new universe of cycling...

peejay78

i went out and played polo today, it was very much fun indeed, and the weather was awesome.

i saw someone yesterday in london fields with a child on the back of a red fixed wheel bike.

BringMeMyFix

Went for a walk this afternoon (having got bored of bad hair days and attacked myself with a number 1 clipper), and went past the polo - looks challenging. I think I saw a large Fuji that had been polo-ized...? Wasn't really feeling sociable, so we (wife + baby with ridiculous shock of blond hair) hurried off to Ambala to get some Indian sweets. Chocolate-covered barfi makes life worth living.

Bumped into a bloke on a fixed with a tag-along yesterday in Fortune Park. Turned out we both knew so-and-so, and had worked at so-and-so, and raced for a while at so-and-so. And so it goes...

peejay78

sounds idyllic. the polo was fun... until i took the skin off a lady's arm in a collision. i am kind of cross with myself for not making it to TOB, but there's just not enough hours in the day to do all this riding.

RPM

picking on girls..

tusk tusk..

BringMeMyFix

Would've been nice to get down there and see the action, but bike time's all hillclimb training at the moment, and social stuff is at the whim of our son's erratic body clock. Great that Mark Cavendish got some glory after his jinxed TdF.

peejay78

he can't have any complaints about TdF, it taught him a lesson i think. he's had an amazing season, and may get a few stages on the road here.

Top Bottom