Hilarious - !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cerdic

Regarding the general bloatedness of modern cars...the wheelbase of the latest VW Polo is about the same as the original VW Passat!

American cars are still generally enormous. About 50% of 'car' sales in the US are pick-ups. Next time you see a Ford Ranger pick-up, note the size. US pick-ups are even bigger...

figbat

Slippery scientist
From the Hyundai UK website, if you select the ‘download a brochure’ option.
634C9FAE-729E-4F0D-8A5F-6B95F65A0841.jpeg

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
The width is 1890mm across all variants.
So why did the manny at the Hyundai dealership quote me 2.152m. - ? :whistle: I'd asked for the width door mirror tip to door mirror tip which are the parts that would be an issue. Maybe your quote of 1.89m. is simply for the width of the car body - ?

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
latest VW Polo is about the same as the original VW Passat!
Interesting coincidence here. Back in the eighties, a Jetta was simply a Polo with a boot. Yesterday, saw what I took to be a recent model Passat and was amazed to note that it was actually a Jetta - ! :rolleyes:

tyred

Legendary Member
Interesting coincidence here. Back in the eighties, a Jetta was simply a Polo with a boot. Yesterday, saw what I took to be a recent model Passat and was amazed to note that it was actually a Jetta - ! :rolleyes:
A Jetta was a Golf with a boot.

The Polo saloon was originally called Derby but later just Polo.

Drago

Legendary Member
Tell us Chislenker, what do you do? Estate Agent? Solicitor? Insurance? Witchfinder Pursuivant?

Chislenko

Veteran
Tell us Chislenker, what do you do? Estate Agent? Solicitor? Insurance? Witchfinder Pursuivant?

Motor trade, so yes I am one of the people you are calling a monkey. Just out of interest all the brave keyboard warriors, what do you call a black car salesman?

Personally when I used the term Salesman I regard that as being sufficient insult

adding anything else is superfluous

but then I do not use this for people who work in shops etc

I especially use it in terms of computer sales people - I have dealt with a lot of them and a large percentage are untrustworthy

having said which a reasonable number are wonderful - one in particular works for a company that sells refurbished stuff - mostly to schools - and is very trustworthy
especially for a hippie!!!

as with all things - there are good and bad but some occupations tend to attract more self centred people

Alex321

Veteran
Motor trade, so yes I am one of the people you are calling a monkey. Just out of interest all the brave keyboard warriors, what do you call a black car salesman?
The same as I would call any other car salesman - I wouldn't call any of them a "sales Monkey" personally (that just isn't my style), but I would be unlikely to be particularly respectful in what I called them.

I have no idea why you are describing people in this thread as "brave keyboard warriors" though. I haven't seen any sign of either part of that here.

Top Bottom