Hill climbing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Rose hill not my fav, but Jim likes to drag me up there! Just dont get off, if you've got enough gears just keep at it, I stopped once on a hill, combination of unfitness, but more importantly listened to my brain telling me I couldn't go on, IGNORE your brain lol. Each time you climb a big hill it will get a little easier, not much just a little, they don't stop hurting, you just start to climb up faster! Keep at it.

OP
OP
wmtlynx

wmtlynx

Just had a go at the hill up from Weatheroak on Icknield Street. What a time for a car to come the other way. Walk of shame for the last 50 yards :-( And any chance we can get the road people to get rid of all the gravel in the centre and potholes at the edge so people like me with only 2 working gears can have a fighting chance of having a run-up? Having to steer AND grind isn't in my best interests.

OP
OP
wmtlynx

wmtlynx

Now the weather is a bit better I'm now back cycling regularly again and I can say that the only thing I needed to improve was my fitness level. Went out for a road ride for the first time in ages and managed the climb from Robert's Corner to Longbridge Lane via Hopwood without too much panting at around 10mph. Took the decision to take the Wayfarer rather than the Asdamobile, despite only having 3 rather high gears. Was great fun!

* only 2 gears for now as the gear cable has gone a bit slack. Fettling required.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
[QUOTE 1244868"]
I've just realised 3 things

1) The OP was months ago

2) BrumJim, one of the Saturday morning idiots, has already invited you along

3) Next time I do the loop jimbo will probably be waiting behind a tree for me with his track pump.

[/quote]

Oi! I heard that.

I'm getting a bit of a reputation on here. Just to set the record straight:

First time I took PJ79Lizard up Rose Hill I was conquering my demon. I'd never done Rose Hill before - twice attempted it, and twice had to stop half way up. After Lifeson had shown me how to tackle hills I was feeling confident.
Second time I needed a training partner to help me get fit for a sportive. Paul bravely agreed to join me, so I had to do 3-hills (loop that includes Rose Hill) in order to get fit. Good job that I did - the sportive was only 54 miles, but threw all the hills at us in the second half, with ever increasing frequency. And I posted the 30th quickest time out of 243 finishers. Have I told you that before?

Top Bottom