Hill gradient websites

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Crackle

:biggrin: appropriately posed: It's a fair climb in a short distance that. It does look lovely though. I'm pleased to see the bike is relaxing in a suitable gear, it's reminded me to finally stick my smaller Granny ring on (smaller than yours).

Noodley

Crackle said:
I'm pleased to see the bike is relaxing in a suitable gear...

Aye, the viewpoint is just at the hairpins and "good gears" are required (although the first time I rode it I had my road bike and just about managed up).

A few hundred metres til the top and a good place to have an excuse to take a photo..:biggrin:

The "hardest" climbs on my route on Saturday are not shown on that website; between the Lecht and Braemar road :biggrin: Short but complete killers...it was the only time I had to walk last time. Just goes to show that the "known" climbs are not the worst climbs...

yenrod

Noodley said:
I hope so :ohmy: Here's a photo from the last time - not quite at the top, but a good view of the road up:

snowroads041107001.jpg

Great set-up for a good day 'on the climbs...

TheDoctor said:
I still have unfinished business with Horseshoe Pass too. For someone who's not much cop at climbing, I seem worryingly keen on it...

The point with the Horseshoe Pass is that it's not difficult, but it's long. For example there are two much tougher climbs within a mile of my house in Llangollen.

Plax

Guru
TheDoctor said:
Eyeing this with some interest. My granny in Lllanfairfechan needs to see my new bike, I suspect.
Actually, I'm sure she doesn't give a monkeys about new bikes, but whatever. I still have unfinished business with Horseshoe Pass too. For someone who's not much cop at climbing, I seem worryingly keen on it...

How long has your Granny lived in Llanfairfechan? I've not lived there since 2002 (well 1997 really, although I did go back for from 2000 - 2002 before moving again). You could be my long lost cousin or something :wacko:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Patrick Stevens said:
The point with the Horseshoe Pass is that it's not difficult, but it's long. For example there are two much tougher climbs within a mile of my house in Llangollen.

Well, don't just tease me like that!:evil:
What climbs are they, then? I'll try and give them a go when I'm next round there. If I survive Ventoux, that is.:biggrin:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Plax said:
How long has your Granny lived in Llanfairfechan? I've not lived there since 2002 (well 1997 really, although I did go back for from 2000 - 2002 before moving again). You could be my long lost cousin or something :biggrin:

Since the mid 80's or so. They're all originally from Cheshire part of the world, so it's unlikely we're related.:evil:

TheDoctor said:
Well, don't just tease me like that!:evil:
What climbs are they, then? I'll try and give them a go when I'm next round there. If I survive Ventoux, that is.:biggrin:

The Gwernant and the Geraint.

Top Bottom