Hill Special back wheel hub identification

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ren531

Über Member
Just started to rebuild the back wheel on my Hill Special ,can anyone help identify the hub and rim , the only clear identifiable bit on the hub is the lock ring on the flip flop hub that has Villiers on it the alloy on the hub is some what corroded and only bits of lettering are readable ,one readable bit is the word Birmingham, under that is a word written in signature form but unreadable ,also in capitals are the letters TFBLU , so is it a Villiers hub ? ,it has chromed wheel nuts with a red V on the end caps on 3 out of the 4 nuts

.Also the rim has only a small bit of the transfer left, hopefully it shows up in the photo ok ,I have found in the process of dismantling that it had chromed spokes originally ,as you can see its in a mess but we can rebuild it ,I hope .Also included is a photo of the frame minus its coat of red paint .

netman

Veteran
Rim looks like a Fiamme to me...

1579990110894.png

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
Hi, I think you will find it is a T F Blumfield hub, on the rare side, but very nice. Thanks Terry
Thanks oldtel, yes it is a TF Blumfeild hub, having checked out poachers link about the Ephgrave i can see now the italic lettering.. says Duralite and the TFBLU bit is TF Blumfeild, great info, its a very nice hub with some nice engineering gone into it, even the axle is partialy holowed out and tapered in the centre.

Last edited:
Top Bottom