Hills!They are a great leveller!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
djtheglove said:
Sydenham Hill
Gipsy
Knights
Herne
Tulse
Denmark ..................?

Try living up here. This is the view from my dining room window. Going anywhere is fine, getting home is another matter! Hills, don't talk to me about hills!
DSC_0001-1.jpg

Keith Oates

Janner
Hills are 'interesting' but on an off day they can be a struggle. Some hills, such as those seen in the TdF etc. would always be a struggle for me but I'd still like getting to the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrisz

Über Member
Piemaster said:
Don't even notice the bumps in the flatlands of East Yorkshire now after doing a few rides over here in Norway on 'proper' hills.

Where abouts in Norway were/are you? Love the place :smile: used to be out there for 4 months every year on arctic deployment - best fun ever :wacko:

OP
OP
D

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Cubist said:
Try living up here. This is the view from my dining room window. Going anywhere is fine, getting home is another matter! Hills, don't talk to me about hills!
DSC_0001-1.jpg

TBH I would swap you readily, it might be just me though I can't see the misses agreeing to it.;)

Cubist

Still wavin'
djtheglove said:
TBH I would swap you readily, it might be just me though I can't see the misses agreeing to it.:blush:

I have promised to sell the house as soon as I get bored with the view. I'll put you top of the list of people who will deserve it more than I when that happens.... but don't hold your breath!

Funny isn't it, we find a rural idyll and the missus thinks of all the disadvantages. Last year it was mice (don't ask) and this year it's her having to carry the wet washing back from the stream three miles away. Don't think I'm not generous though, I've bought her a spade so she can dig a more convenient well.

Downward

Guru
Hills Kill me.
I have cycled up 1 particular Hill 30 times now. After the Christmas break it was back to work and tackle the hill. I stopped twice but this is a combination of little exercise and the cold weather as I have managed to get up without stopping I hope come May I will be able to go up up with out nearly dying !

PS The hill is 1 mile long !

Tynan

Veteran
when do you go over the Bow flyover hack?

what you llook like?

me red Fratello, red right ortleib, nightvision top, heading east at about 8.20ish, west at about 6ish

I always think that attacking hill is a real good sign that you're in good nick

gbs

Guru
djtheglove said:
Sydenham Hill
Gipsy
Knights
Herne
Tulse
Denmark ..................?

so how steep and how long - gimme the facts, man, nothing but the facts!

PS may be it is a gearing problem

Top Bottom