Hip bursitis..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
It is bad enough in one hip, I would hate to think what it's like in both :sad: .. Doctor told me a minimum of 5 weeks or so, hope it's sooner lol...

Not too bad if I just sit and do nothing, was more painful this morning when I got out of bed, but I tried to walk to the shop this morning which is about 300yds each way and had to keep stopping it was agony...
My wife finds sitting more painful. Walking gently is actually beneficial to her bursitis. I think the steroids have helped both sides, she has not complained of discomfort half as much since the injections. It was said it would take about 10 days to see improvement. She is nearly at a month for the first injection, her mobility is improving, but it hasnt been as rapid compared to the second injection in the other hip, where she felt much better within a week. Currently she has physio and these basic exercises to do.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Here's a delicate question: do you think your hip bursitis has been caused by your hygiene habits in the bathroom? I have realised that using my right hand means I cant my pelvis and place all my weight on my left hip on the hard seat, which becomes chronically sore to the extent that I worry about arthritis. Since I broke my right clavicle I've been sitting straight on the seat and using my left hand for hygiene and the bursitis has cleared up completely.

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

Interesting, I suppose it is possible, I am still on the heavy side and when I put weight to one side it is painful...

The only plus is I think the tablets are working, still painful but not as bad as first .. :smile: I am hoping I an get out on the bike this weekend ...

Last edited:
OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

DID IT! ......

Bit slow... Bloody painful on the way out, but eased a lot on the way back, so hopefully if I do the same tomorrow and Monday it will help .. I HOPE!

Nice morning as well, and getting warmer....

20190525_064925.jpg
20190525_064929.jpg
20190525_064933.jpg
20190525_073532.jpg
20190525_073536.jpg
20190525_075714.jpg
20190525_075723.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Well done and nice pics but....
I wouldn't cycle every day if you still have pain or it'll re-inflame. Have a rest day!
Hope you put the frozen peas on it as soon as you got home to reduce any inflammation that you've caused. And stretched / did your exercises.
Frustrating but necessary with soft tissue inflammation unfortunately!

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

It is actually not too bad at the minute, hurt more when I just walked round the shop lol .... May have a rest tomorrow morning as they forecast rain first thing and just go Monday ..

I live on the Yorkshire Wolds and it is nice early morning around the country lanes of the village, very little traffic, if any and you get to see the wildlife, rabbits, horses, sheep and deer... very nice at 6.30 in a morning..

This was a couple of weekends ago..

20190511_080112.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
It is actually not too bad at the minute, hurt more when I just walked round the shop lol .... May have a rest tomorrow morning as they forecast rain first thing and just go Monday ..

I live on the Yorkshire Wolds and it is nice early morning around the country lanes of the village, very little traffic, if any and you get to see the wildlife, rabbits, horses, sheep and deer... very nice at 6.30 in a morning..

This was a couple of weekends ago..

View attachment 467913
You said it was bloody painful

Resting tomorrow is sensible. Now go ice and stretch :smile:

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

It was painful when I started riding but seemed to ease a little as I got going, so maybe the exercise helped lol... not too bad at the minute because I am just sitting in a comfortable chair ;)

As I say rain tomorrow so may be forced to have a rest, me and rain don't mix lol...

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

Well it looks like the tablets have started to work well now (fingers crossed) :smile:

The pain is a lot easier now, I can walks better and stand for longer although it does feel like a stab in my leg every so often.. and the top feels numb... but...

I have managed to do two 30 mins on the treadmill at the gym and a moderate walking pass up hill and it went OK...

Still have another week of tablets so hopefully it will go well...

Julia9054

Guru
Resurrecting an old thread for some advice. Finally went to the docs with a sore hip which has recently got a lot worse. Trochanteric bursitis was her diagnosis - she said caused by repetitive movement ie cycling.
I have a referral to physio and will be investigating finding a private physio to get started quicker. She pretty much said don’t cycle until I have an assessment from a physio and a plan. Pretty fed up about this.
My question is how quickly did people recover and does it go away?

CXRAndy

Guru
Resurrecting an old thread for some advice. Finally went to the docs with a sore hip which has recently got a lot worse. Trochanteric bursitis was her diagnosis - she said caused by repetitive movement ie cycling.
I have a referral to physio and will be investigating finding a private physio to get started quicker. She pretty much said don’t cycle until I have an assessment from a physio and a plan. Pretty fed up about this.
My question is how quickly did people recover and does it go away?
My wife's hip bursitis is still problematic, she has to moderate her activity days with days of rest. She has had two sets of steroid injections over a 2 year period, which have helped, but not eradicated the problems. Next step would be surgery to remove bursa-I doubt she will opt for that unless totally immobile

Top Bottom