Hiring a road bike with smaller frame...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

n3rdy

Hi All,

Just a quick one. I am looking to rent a road bike in Valencia (would be for 5 weeks) and I've been a bit lazy so far and only contacted one company which is one of the bigger rental shops. Now they have told me they would let me rent out one of their road bikes and the price seems good to me but the frame size is quoted as 56". My road bike here is 61".

Would you walk away from this and look elsewhere or would 5 weeks on a smaller frame as above be OK? I plan to ride between 100km to 200km per week.

Cheers :smile:

Edited to add: I'm a recreational rider, not a pro so take that in to account. I won't be spending much time in the drop bars for example

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I would turn up and try it out before I parted with any money.

Steve

OP
OP
n3rdy

n3rdy

Sound advice Steve, I definitely won't be parting with any cash before getting there. Was just wondering really whether it would be a nightmare or a small inconvenience having a smaller frame, I'm a cycling novice compared to a lot of the guys on here so don't have any experience to call on with regards to that.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The smaller frame would certainly make things hard going. You'd look rather frog like legs sprayed out, fine for a few km's but not for any serious distances. The problem is most of those Ities are shortarses.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The smaller frame would certainly make things hard going. You'd look rather frog like legs sprayed out, fine for a few km's but not for any serious distances. The problem is most of those Ities are shortarses.

OP
OP
n3rdy

n3rdy

Good advice chaps, very much appreciated. I did sit on a 56" in Evans the other week actually by chance and it didn't feel too bad but as I say I'm a bit of a beginner so don't properly know how it should have felt. They have a nice selection of Hybrid bikes so that is defiantly a good option... I'll have a look round when I get there and make sure I'm happy with the selection

Top Bottom