Hiring Bikes Abroad.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anybody got any ideas of where I can hire bikes when im abroad?
Or a bit of bike touring wouldn't go amiss.

The first time I went to Karon Beach Thailand I found a place to hire an electric bike although the second time I went there (last week) the shop had closed down.:wacko:

I haven't got any idea where I am going in Spetember yet but somewhere I can hire a bike would be useful.Cheers.:angry:

stephenjubb

Über Member

dav1d

I got back from a 5 day holiday in Amsterdam yesterday. Plenty of places to hire bikes. We used Macbike, they were the cheapest we found at 19 Euros (without insurance) for 3 days. Plenty of Macbike shops too should you have a problem - unfortunately, the chain has a guard on it that needs to be unscrewed/taken off if the chain comes off, so I had to take mine into a Macbike place to get them to put it back on.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

I tried at Karon Beach...there was a touring place in Phuket.When I emailed them for directions as the steets don't seem to have names on the sides like ours do....I got emailed back saying it was 7km from Phuket.Very useful that wasn't.So hence they lost custom.Cab driver couldn't find it either.

Last time I was at KB I hired an electric bike...the place must have gone bust as it wasn't there this time.Shop still there no bikes or people.Emailed him...no reply.Ruined the holiday a bit.Never mind that's life.

Top Bottom