Hit and Run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know that feeling mate. when i smashed my motorbike up last year, i was in the back of an ambulance and the traffic bobby asked me for a 'first account' as it's known, i told him what happened but was in no position to sign it...!
it is a proved method that the first account is known to be indicative of what the actions of that person were, in the thinking of 'investigation', because of the state of shock the person will be inclined to say exactly what happened. the brain will have no time to think and 'make up' a story.... it does work, mate, but can seem quite intrusive at the time, especially as the person has suffered and is in shock.
Best thing you can do is speak to the bobbies who are investigating the accident, keep on at them, to the point of pestering them, even if it means getting down to the station to see them in person. If you have to, speak to their sergeants, not to complain but to enquire about the progress of your case....... going to the inspector will waste your time, he'll only pass it on to the sergeants....!!!

Ha Ha you're right Lee, it was a rant at the government, any chance I get....! although I was responding to Dom's.... 'presumptions'.... that the Police are all the same and are more of a cause than a cure....!!!!!

Top Bottom