Hit and Run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
That sucks!!!! Hope you get well soon.

As others have said though - get onto some Legal Advice and demand the CCTV is obtained quickly. These scrotes need teaching a lesson or two. :bicycle:;)!:hyper:

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Sorry to hear about what sounds like a very nasty experience.

Failing to stop is a very serious offence, so if the police don't take it seriously, write to the Duty Inspector at the police station concerned.

As others have said, it's vital to get the CCTV footage very quickly as the footage is typically only kept for seven days.

Ben

OP
OP
gazzaputt

gazzaputt

Just an update.

Got hold of a very helpful lady in traffic division.

The CCTV from the bus who was beside me at the lights is being obtained as is the footage from council CCTV cameras in the area.

She was horrified the police did not come to the hospital to see what injuries were sustained.

Also although telling the paramedic, triage nurse and doctor I'm allergic to penicillin guess what was prescribed?

On the mend now cuts are slowly healing, finger were my wedding ring embedded isn't to pretty still, chest still sore and knee is immobile.

Self employed to :-(

Bike pic :http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1507667&l=a0d86&id=545118267

Origamist

Legendary Member
Glad things seem to be progressing. Hopefully they'll get the git and you can claim for loss of earnings etc!

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Sounds like good news, Gary.

Remember to photograph your injuries and keep all receipts for public transport where you would normally have cycled.

Ben

PBancroft

HLaB said:
Out of curiosity what effect does Penicillin have on you? I'm allergic to it too.

Cor... this is more common than I thought. I'm allergic to Amoxicilin.

Glad to hear you're doing better Gazza - keep on pushing them to catch the bastard, and be vocal about any misgivings you have about the the Police's attitude at the scene.

OP
OP
gazzaputt

gazzaputt

HLaB said:
Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Out of curiosity what effect does Penicillin have on you? I'm allergic to it too.

Sickness, swelling of joints, light head and high temperature for me!

Cheers guys for all the comments. I am very determined to bring the b*stard to rights.

Totting everything up lost earnings, clothing, shoes and bike parts looking at £1k! xx(

domtyler said:
Absolutely terrible Gazzaput! I hope the dickheads who did this to you get cancer! I wont bother saying follow it up with the coppers, I think we all know that in this country they are the main source of the problem rather than playing any meaningful part in the solution. xx(:angry::angry:

You've obviously had a bad experience with the Police to voice an opinion like this, been arrested have we...?! If you know anything about the Police service at all, you'd know that everything that is done and the way it is done, is this governments wish.... not that of the Police officers that have to implement their ideas. I'm not going to discuss gazza's incident, but to generalise his case and include the thousands of men and women who go out there every minute of every day all over the country and work their backsides off to reach government imposed statistics and targets, rather than do 'real' policing, is very harsh....!
And again, you're generalisation that..... 'we all know'....... that 'they', (i take it you do mean the Police), are the main source of the problem...., is quite beyond comprehension....! Opinions are like peanuts... only useful to the person that owns it. It'd be nice to keep to the topic of cycling and keep your own thoughts about other people doing their jobs to yourself.
Good news to hear you're on the mend Gazza..

OP
OP
gazzaputt

gazzaputt

I will say I was less than impressed with their attitude towards me.

Sat in an ambulance bleeding quite heavily from my mouth, hands cut to ribbons and the officer wants me to give a short statement and sign it!!

The paramedic had to step in to ask her to leave it.

Top Bottom